In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Knife...

doomsknight62doomsknight62 Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
I know this isn't Knifebroker, but I just wanted to express my feelings of " Wow, this thing is cool. " Yesterday I bought a CRKT knife. It's a big folder with a tanto-style blade, and I love it. It opens flawlessly and it came VERY SHARP. This will be a useful tool, I think.
Anybody else have one of these? How about another knife that is incredibly neat?

" God is in His Heaven, All is Right in the World. "

Comments

• Robert ColeRobert Cole Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Al Mar's "Shrike" , very sweet new folder.

http://www.newgraham.com/shrike.htm
  • dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greetings, i also like the tanto style knife, but mine is the ontario arms 7" . respt submitted dads-freehold

if your going to be a savage, be a headhunter
  • dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greetings, i also like the tanto style knife, but mine is the ontario arms 7" . respt submitted dads-freehold

if your going to be a savage, be a headhunter
  • pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    DoomsKnight, I got one of them from CRKT...I think they offer three different sizes, I got the one in the middle. Great knife and sharp as hell. By far the sharpest knife I've bought.
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cold Steel Kobun... ah yes :)

The itsy, bitsy spider crawled up the water...
    BLAM BLAM BLAM!
  • The firearms consultantThe firearms consultant Member Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my Spyderco Police ( 1st generation)alot. I was wondering about the quality of the CRKT.
    John

I might not always tell you the truth, but I will never lie to you!
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an all stainless Spyderco as well, great knife.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • flatdogflatdog Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two K.I.S.S. money clips they are perfect.
    One BEAR CLAW. Caution don't pick up the Claw if you don't want to buy a knife!!

flatdog.

" Love is what goes on between a man and a .45 pistol that won't jam."
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have close to 1000 knives, and you want me to pick ONE? LOL As he reaches into a hat and pulls out a number. The old fashion folding Buck, that I had "worked" on which now opens rather quickly. Not as sharp as some but it will do the job and hold up under most any conditions.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Now go get a Lansky system and keep it sharp.

Never ever ever let one of the "professional" knife sharpeners like you see set up at gun shows sharpen your knife on a wheel.

Let them have your lawn mower blade, but not a knife you care about.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a CRKT M16-series tanto-bladed knife this summer just prior to spending a few weeks in the field. Talk about a GREAT knife! I love it. It didn't break the bank and it's a great simple little cutter that holds an excellent edge even after a good deal of abuse. My next folder is definitely going to be a CRKT.

Here is the one I bought but I only paid $23 for it at a gun show:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=5565013

Doesn't that stand for Columbia River Knife and Tool? I can't seem to remember but I need to find their website soon. I know what a few people are going to be getting for Christmas this year.

Edited by - idsman75 on 09/30/2002 19:13:06
  • flatdogflatdog Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    idsman75 :

Your right it's Columbia River Knife & Tool
    http://www.crkt.com

flatdog.

" Love is what goes on between a man and a .45 pistol that won't jam."