In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charles Bronson

timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
edited September 2003 in General Discussion
Just heard Charles Bronson passed away. No details. I have enjoyed lots of his movies.

timbroman@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Watched Death Hunt today on AMC. Well you know the scene when his cabin gets blown up and he starts shooting with the shotgun, well does anyone know where i can get that clip, i want to make an avatar out of it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AMC has had a lot of his movies on recently but my favorite. I love his white buffalo movie.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    PUBLIC SERVIE ANNOUNCEMENT: Death Wish 2 is on.
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Died of pneumonia after several weeks in the hospital. I liked him in Death Hunt and White Buffalo the best. Rest in peace, Charles Bunchinsky.
  • Options
    Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
    edited November -1
    Played some very great roles.
    May he R.I.P.
  • Options
    joey garzajoey garza Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like charles he has integrity,steven segal too
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.movieactors.com/70stars/bronson.htm

Charles Bronson is best known for his tough, cold, violent characters in action thrillers and suspense films.

His defining role that made him an American star, was his 1974 mega hit, DEATH WISH.

Bronson was first noticed by the public in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN. Bronson got more strong parts in THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE SANDPIPERS, and THE DIRTY DOZEN.

Throughout the 1970's and '80's Bronson basically stuck with action thrillers such as: BREAKOUT, TELEFON, THE EVIL MEN DO, MURPHY'S LAW, and BREAKHEART PASS.

He did a black comedy with his late wife, Jill Ireland, FROM NOON TO THREE.

He describes himself: "I guess I look like a rock quarry that someone has dynamited."

Charles Bronson was born Charles Buchinsky on November 3, 1921, in Ehrenfeld, Pennsylvania, to Lithuanian immigrant parents.

He was only one in family to finish high school. Worked in coal mines. Served in WW 2 as a tail gunner, and a stateside truck driver.

Used money from GI Bill to study art in Philadelphia. Enrolled in Pasadena Playhouse in Calif., when the acting bug bit him.

First roles in films he was used as tough-looking window dressing in bit parts. YOU'RE IN THE NAVY NOW, THE MOB, RED SKIES IN MONTANA.

In 1954, began to play Indians in such films as APACHE, DRUMBEAT. Good, supporting roles became his in JUBAL and RUN OF THE ARROW.

Through 1968-1972, Charles Bronson became a worldwide star in Europe, much loved in such films as: GUNS FOR SAN SEBASTIAN, ADIEU L'AMI, RIDER IN THE RAIN, COLD SWEAT and RED SUN.

In America, he steadily worked toward super stardom in such films as THE MECHANIC, THE VALACHI PAPERS, MR. MAJESTYK

In the 1990's, Charles Bronson has been in a flurry of TV movies, giving his fans more great performances in such films as: THE INDIAN RUNNER, THE SEA WOLF and THE FAMILY OF COPS series.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    from what I remember they are just normal guys doing their thing,,someone messes with them, and they make it right.
    sorry I can't explain it better.They mostly portray ordiary people in extraordinary circumstance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yea van dame is a d???
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Charles Bronson was a good actor. I don't think I ever saw a movie he was in that I didn't like. I'm sure he will be missed by many.

81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Indian Runner-You did good C.B, Rest in Peace-Bob

Gun control is a steady hand
  • Options
    Stormtrooper 13Stormtrooper 13 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't remember the name of the movie . It might of been mentioned . The one he plays a mointain man in Canada accussed of murder , and he leads the mounties on a chase . I think Gregory Peck was in it to . I think that was one of his best flicks . Didn,t know he was born here in PA . Sorry to see him go . R.I.P. [V]

qman_lr_105t.jpg

Only the strong shall survive !!!
  • Options
    capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I enjoyed all of his movies. I think he's been ill for several years now and has kept a very low profile. He wasn't a member of the "Hollywood Airhead" bunch. I'm sorry he has left us - may he Rest In Peace.
    John

Forgive Your Enemies - But Remember Their Names
    (John F. Kennedy)
  • Options
    growslimgrowslim Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stormtrooper13

The movie's name was Death Hunt.
    Lee Marvin and Carl Weathers were the Mounties.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO--REMEMBER GOLIAD!!!
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    THIS IS A GREAT LOSS!

I like most all his movies. I rent "The Mechanic" every now and again along with the "Death Wish" movies.

He will be missed!

Dano-
    Van Damme got his * kicked awhile back at a LA night club by an unhaapy Hell's Angel.

Segal is on a lunatic fringe by getting hooked into some strange oriental type religious mess.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the correction growslim ( Gregory Peck , Lee Marvin . Where did I come up with that one ? ) . That's the movie I was thinking about . Test your knowledge here , who played the young mountie ? [:p]

qman_lr_105t.jpg

• Options
    greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Storm...

Andrew Stevens was the young mountie, inept at first...

who played the female lead that was lovin on Lee Marvin?

RIP CB

[http://www.calap.com/gif/portrait.gif]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [?][?][?][?] Got me .

Brain only firing on 1 or 2 plug at the moment . (don't blame the alcohol LOL.)
    qman_lr_105t.jpg

• Options
    Rawhide PeteRawhide Pete Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whenever I see 2 rolls of nickels I get the warm fuzzies, now it will be more intense. Goodbye Chucky.[V]
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Charles Bronson lived a long, hard life. But he did get a piece of the american dream....he worked hard for it and deserved it.

annoyaliberal.jpgnotmyfault.gif
  • Options
    redcedarsredcedars Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "who played the female lead that was lovin on Lee Marvin?"

Angie Dickinson

Asked why she would take such a small role, she explained she wanted to take a vacation in the Rockies (shooting on location) with her friends.

Death Hunt is one of my favorite Bronson movies. And the only movie that had a real Bristol F2b fighter plane too.

redcedars
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I dont go to movies any more, the last time about 2 years ago, I had to go to my car and get some ear plugs the sound was so loud it hurt my ears, and I am hard of hearing. All the new movies are about SEX and disaters, with a Lot of screeming.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    He will be missed. R.I.P. Charles.
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Memory a little shaky but I'm reminded of a line from one of hi movies where a LEO asks Bronson if he has a problem with guns. Bronson replied: "No, I have a problem with idiots with guns".

Gotta love that!

R.I.P. Mr. Bronson.

If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Never saw a Charles Bronson movie I didn't like. My favorite was "Hard Times", where he played a bare-knuckle fighter back in the depression. His manager was James Coburn and his cut man was Strouther Martin, the same guy who played the prison warden in "Cool Hand Luke."

Favorite Bronson western was "Once Upon A Time In The West."

I'll miss you, Chuck.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I really enjoyed the Samurai movie Red Sun that he made. Plus the Great Escape and all the rest. At least he and Jill are reunited.

He That Pays The Piper Calls The Tune.
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Majestic was good movie I realy like the Ford truck scenes.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.<BR>
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its hard to believe he was 81 years old. But its hard to believe I'm 52. RIP Charles Bronson good guy.

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • Options
    mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    I'll miss Charles too. RIP. I loved all his movies. You all have
    mentioned some I haven't seen. Will have to look into them. Thanks
    for sharing everyone.
    Mouse