In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who loves Hammocks?

mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Got my husband one for his birthday, fold up and goes into a
carry case.
He got me one for Mother's day. I haven't got to try it out
yet. Hope to jump in it when I get home from work today. I
tried his out friday. Wind was blowing, so I took a blanket
out into the backyard. Layed in the hammock for an hour and
a half. Best relaxation I've had in months.[:)]

Comments

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like hammocks. I pack a net hammock in my pocket all the time during the summer.. If I find A likely spot out into woods I'll set it up and read a book.. very relaxing.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    love mine just never time to use it
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    My wife got me a good one with the frame and all 5 years ago and I still have not unboxed it. I think the first time would be good and after that it would be full of bugs. I don't like bugs!
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep one under the shade trees out back, and pack a jungle hammock for the Appalachian Trail in the summer. Used to keep a net hammock in my pack when I was wearing green every day. As long as you don't try to sleep on your face, they are great!
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    I like them cooked with cabbage and lima beans. Oops, I thought you said ham hocks! [:D][:o)][;)][:p]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have had a couple really good ones. The best one ever was the super-huge giant rope kind that our entire family (three kids 'n all) fit in. It was tied between two big trees and lasted over 10 years. We want another one like that....but they cost so much it just isn't happening right now.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    Great to just relax in under the shade tree. Gota be careful though, I tend to fall asleep in them and time gets away from me.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    We have had a couple really good ones. The best one ever was the super-huge giant rope kind that our entire family (three kids 'n all) fit in. It was tied between two big trees and lasted over 10 years. We want another one like that....but they cost so much it just isn't happening right now.

Pawley's Island Hammock

Great hammock, and it will old someone as big as me.

pawleys-island-hammocks.jpg
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    It was raining when I got home from work, still is.[:(][:(]
    Hope to get into the darn thing tomorrow. We gave my brother
    our old ford ranger for a dollar. Had his wife, and grandson
    over for dinner. Just got done doing the dishes. I'm pooped.
    Hammock is soaking wet.