In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Beretta customer service

garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Have any of you had to deal with Beretta's customer service departmant? I bought a new CX4 Storm a while back. I did not notice it at the time of purchase but I later discovered that there was no sight adjustment tool in the box.

I contacted Beretta and told them that the tool was not included in the box an that I needed to get one. Of course they thought that I had lost it and that I would have to purchase another one. That did not surprise me, in fact I figured before I called that I was going to have to buy one.

But the real frustrating part was that I was transfered to 3 different people before I could get someone who knew what I was even talking about. (believe it or not, the first person did not even know what a CX4 was) Then, I was informed that the tool would be $12.00 + shipping. The little 2" piece of tin, ended up costing me $19.00.
I guess that I do not have enough to worry about, but $19.00 for that little thing is crazy. But, I paid, and now am the owner of a nice little expensive sight adjustment tool.

This is compared to the time that I called Smith & Wesson to purchase a screw for the cylinder release button on a model 629. The lady there not only knew what she was talking about , but she sent me 2 screws NO CHARGE, they even paid the postage.

OK, rant over.

Comments

• crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    believe it or not there are some companies out there that don't understand the value of good customer service... Whats worse is there are some people out there that work for decent companies that don't understand this principle either...
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had to send a Beretta Tomcat to Beretta on 2-3 occasions. I did have to pay postage there, but finally, they sent me a new one. No costs involved.

I had an Interams PPK/S, just after walther bought the rights. I sent it back becuase it wouldn't stay open after the last shot. Finally, they gave me a refund, with no fuss.

It was either on this gun or on my S&W PPK/S-1 where the grips cracked at the eylets for the screw. Got a new set free of charge.

So overall, can't really complain.