In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oil Field Jobs-plains scout and anyone else

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,416 ***** Forums Admin
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
plains scout, I saw in another post that you said that the oil fields are revving up and that workers are needed. I have no oil field experience in particular but, I have years of heavy equipment mechanical experience along with some welding/fabrication experience.

I wonder if anyone can post links to these types of jobs or name companies to contact. The work I would be interested in would be in Montana(preferably) or No. Dak./So. Dak.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aberdeen.gif
81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!

Comments

• Options
    CORRENCORREN Member Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was gonna ask the same thing. I have 18 years in the oil field but wanna relocate out of california. I will mail you the postage plus and cost for your time and price of the papers if you would send me some. so i can look at housing cost and jobs available.
    Thanks Bill
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Hey guys. I have been playing planes trains and automobiles for a few days delayed and left out to dry by two airlines and finally got home.

Email me with your back ground experience and contact info. I will try and get it to some people I know and will also look for Job Service ND recent postings. It is not all "drilling jobs". Welders, heavey equipment etc. qualifies you for many jobs. Housing is tight. I will be glad to get you in contact with people I know in the industry.

No promises, but I know that there are workers needed who can pass the drug test, company physical and have a driver's license. CDL helps with a number of the jobs out there as well. But you gotta love the cold come January [:D]

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau

"If you do not allow yourself to find a positive way to get through the difficult times, you will become bitter. If you stay bitter, you do not get better." -- Joan Brock
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,416 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Thanks, scout. I'll send you a mail in a little while.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here are few ideas and leads for you:

Schlumberger

http://www.careers.slb.com/jobsearch/avancedsearch.cfm

This will get you to a site that will help your search:

http://www.jobsnd.com/seekers/find.html

once there click on jobs anywhere in the state

then seach for job by industry code and select "mining"

You will see a number of oil field industry jobs. Do NOT be discouraged by the salary shown. If you are truly interested in relocating, North Dakota has a much lower cost of living than say CA. A $100,000 home here is a $400,000 home in CA. There is overtime and remember these are entry level jobs. Once in, prove your worth, withstand a winter, and stay drug free and you have a job with benefits and opportunity. Plus the energy industry is famous for stealing good hands from other companies.

Email me if you have more questions or want me to try and help.

Henry David Thoreau

"If you do not allow yourself to find a positive way to get through the difficult times, you will become bitter. If you stay bitter, you do not get better." -- Joan Brock
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Talked to a young gal tonight that moved back here with her husband and two kids. Her husband is a driller and is looking for hands. She said that "break in" wages are between $20 and $27 an hour on the rigs.

They use to be very dangerous places to work, but with the drug testing, and OSHA and safety that companies insist on now, the rigs are not like the old days.

Henry David Thoreau

• Options
    CORRENCORREN Member Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats about the same as california I make $25 an hour as a driller here i think floor hands start about $18 plus we get subsistance pay about 30 -75 a day depending on where we are at.