In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New toys for

Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
The collection. I picked these up yesterday at auction.

Colt officers model match in .22 Magnum caliber. Colt only made 850 of these in .22 Mag.

[img][/img]IMG_3156.jpg

[img][/img]IMG_3155.jpg

An International Harvester Garand with all "IHC" stamped correct parts and LMR barrel.

[img][/img]IMG_3161-1.jpg
[img][/img]IMG_3168.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Purdy and Classy. Good scores!
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    very nice! are they going to be shooters or safe queens?
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's very nice. Congrats.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Some good looking guns...

cool0013.gif
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    he scores!!nice [:)]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    Both are VERY nice!

GREAT score on the Colt Officer in that cal and that condition!

I'd just have to slap some Tetra on the outside of the cylinder, cylinder stop track....and run a few thru it, no way, no how could I resist...[;)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    22 mags are a favorite...one of mine is s&w with 8 3/8" bbl...have rechambered select single shots to 22 mag for fun...looks like great buys
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You need to give me a peek at that IHC. Of course with my left arm still in a cast I won't be able to take it apart [V].
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mark, Your welcome to check it out if you like. By the way, how did the surgery go? OK I assume.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    Mark, Your welcome to check it out if you like. By the way, how did the surgery go? OK I assume.

My sister will drive me to the doctor Thursday morning (I really can't drive like this) and I'll find out how much longer I have to remain in this cast. It's only been 6 days and I'm already going insane!
    [img][/img]Surgery.jpg
    In the mean time I just keep it elevated.

Does your Tractor Garand have an IHC stock? If there is a four digit series of numbers stamped in the barrel channel you hit the jackpot.
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very Nice [:p]
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,139 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want a 22 magnum, the PMR 30 if it ever comes out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    very nice! are they going to be shooters or safe queens?

Erik, I will shoot the Garand since its already been fired. I cleaned it as soon as I picked it up and it for sure has been shot.

The Colt maybe not since its looking like it possibly has not been shot since the factory. The front of the cylinder has no signs of tatooing. But, I really would like to put some ammo thru it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mark, Damn, thats one big cast. Whaddya mean you cant drive[;)]. Dont you drive with that arm hanging out the drivers window anyway?[:)]

Since you are home stranded, maybe I can drive the "Tractor rifle" over to your place so you can eval it and give me your expert opinion. So far everything matches whats in my Garand book. The stock does have a 4 digit number in the barrel channel.