In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.22 LR Revolver

sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
To me, there ought to be a new .22 LR revolver that is of decent quality yet fairly inexpensive, like less than $250.

In today's market, that leaves us with only the Heritage revolvers, whose quality seems questionable.

I remember growing up with a H&R breaktop that held 9 rounds. It was a great little gun. Does anyone still make this gun???

Any reccomendations on a sub-$250 .22 lr revolver?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get a Ruger Super Single Six with adjustable rear sight (blued) for less than $250. I think I paid around $225 for mine after taxes. If you don't mind a single action gun, it sure is a beauty and it came with a .22 WMR cylinder. 2 calibers for a low price on a quality gun. Can't beat it.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    The only way to get a good .22 revolver for under $250 is to buy a used gun. Look for an old Colt or S&W with a little rust or blue wear that is still in good mechanical condition. I can't find anything I like as well as my old model 17 S&W or my 1950 Colt Officer Special. I have picked up some good shooters at good prices. I have a J C Higgins 9 shot model 88 that I bought 4 years ago for $75.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I second the Ruger Single Six. I have had a couple of them over the years and they are great little revolvers. Search around and you should be able to find one close to the price range you mentioned. The .22 Mag capabilty is a real plus also.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last I heard, New England Arms had taken over H&R and was still building the breaktop revolver you describe.

Often the mind believes it is thinking, when it is only passing from one metaphor to the next.
  • Options
    The firearms consultantThe firearms consultant Member Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does the North American Arms mini revolver count? 150.00 to 175.00.
    John

I might not always tell you the truth, but I will never lie to you!
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Hey, I love the sight of the North American Arms mini-revolver, they do come with .22LR and .22WMR cylinder/drum.

I especially like the one that folds like a knife =o)
    Sorry to say I haven't got one, but would if I could =o) Just to have one.

Regards
    Peter E Jeppesen
    Greenland.

Just owns a silenced 22LR Anshutz =o) .308Win Steyr Mannlicher - Scout
    That's all I need, but not all I want.

Don't do anything I've allready done - That'd just be plain stoooopid. =o)