In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Silencer Question

TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2007 in General Discussion
I'm thinking about getting a silencer for my P239 Tactical so I can shoot on my property without bothers neighbors (I have plenty of room). I realize that I need to buy through a Level III FFL - how do I find one in Texas?

Also, what other requiresments are there besides the $200 permit? Is there an additional background check beyond the usual one?

Comments

• TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i play games online, and it seems the developers make it less powerful. does that hold any standing in real life, or just the opposite, i wouldn't think it would play apart at all, but that is an uneducated guess.
    edited November -1
    Question came up weather or not a legally purchased silencer, meaning fed tax stamp, and transfers, etc. has to be put on any certain gun, assuming it is for that caliber of course, or can it be placed on any gun at any time?
    edited November -1
    Saw this on Gunbroker; how can someone in Kentucky buy direct without going through a Class III?

Here is the real deal for you!! We are offering an absolutley new Lauer Predator silencer. The manufacturer backs these up with a lifetime warranty. These may be used either wet or dry. They are VERY quiet. When used with subsonic ammo on a 10-22 with a 16" barrel, they sound like an old Daisey BB gun. Of course, the suppressor may be used on any .22 so you would not be limited to using it on only just one weapon. This silencer may be taken apart for cleaning with a spanner wrench. The threads are 1/2 x 28. We have Walther adapters. Silencer must be shipped to class III dealer or may be purchased directly by a Kentucky resident. Pay with cash, money order, bank check, Personal check (personal check delays paperwork by two weeks) or credit card. Prices are discounted for cash purchases; therefore, credit card purchases are 4% higher. SH&I is $15. Kentucky transactions are welcome and may result in no shipping charge, but sales tax would apply. ABSOLUTELY NO FOREIGN SALES. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MY TIME ASKING.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=64873182
  • ScharfSchutzeScharfSchutze Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    could Kentucky's laws allow that maybe? If not then he cant.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    For all NFA firearms including Silencers this is how it works. According to this it sounds like they are a dealer so I am not sure what they are talking about. When a dealer has a NFA item it is on a Form 3, and when a end user has a NFA item it is on a Form 4. If you are doing an IN STATE transfer between 2 partys on Form 4's there is no need for a Dealer to be involved. You will still have to do all the of the FEDERAL paperwork just like buying it from a dealer. If you are selling it out of state it can ONLY be sent to dealers. DId that help? If not I can get more detailed.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say the seller is a Class 3 dealer and will handle paperwork. When buyers paperwork clears thru Washington they will release to Ky. buyer.
    edited November -1
    I understand now, thanks.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't look evil, you look like a teddy bear Happy Nanoq!

Your girlfriend told me so.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Never said I looked evil..

But thanks for notising. [:)]