In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

favorite inexpensive .22 ammo?

alaskanmanalaskanman Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
what's your favorite 22 plinking ammo? my pistol and rifles seem to shoot and function best with the remington bulk packs. for hunting small critters its the remington and federal solids.

www.alaskancampfire.com

Comments

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the federal bulk .22 ammo. I'm partial to federal for a lot of things come to think about it.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    federal bulk here too, for plinking.mini mags for hunting.
  • BabalooieBabalooie Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Remington Gold Tips that Walmart sells. Seems to feed better than the others in my Ciener .45 - .22 conversion unit. Lately, I've been getting quite a few misfires, but I'm only using it for target shooting.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietsche
    "Only the strong survive."
    - Jerry Butler
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had good luck with Win. Wildcats. My father in law got a bulk pack of Federal 22's for Christmas and had quite a few duds in the box.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    federal bulk from wally world
  • NateNate Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Favorite is Federal Gold Metal 711b "the old stuff"
    Federal has changed it in the last year and a half and the new stuff is crap. Going to probally witch to Wolf Match Target when the Federal runs out. This is inexpensive ammo in the world of Bullseye.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    AE22 that Federal puts out. 38 grain copper plated.
    Plated always seems to load consistantly.

Also, at CTD.com, CCI 22LR Minimags are $3.50 per 100 (#0030)

I bought a brick of Fed. Lightning 40gr. solid (#510) but prefer the AE.

PMC Zappers (solid coated, not semi hollow point) have a nice "Zap" about them, but are more than the AE, less than the CCI.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the CCI Stingers and the newer Raptors myself. I think that ALL .22LR ammo is inexpensive when compared to the centerfire stuff I buy. But, again, the Stingers and Raptors are the most consistently accurate and high-speed .22LR I have found for my guns.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Federal Lightning. Shoots accurately in a higher percentage of my 22LR guns than any other inexpensive brand.But they all have their favorites......[8D]
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I some how ended up with a case of Remington Thunder Bolt,I must have bought them just for practice.You can count on a dud every 20Rds or so.For hunting or serious shooting I like Remington Yellow Jackets and federal classic.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Remington Bulk packs, but every once in a while get a dud. The Federals are not as accurate in my rifle, dont have duds but do get smokestack jams with them. There seems to be some low powered rounds mixed in.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I like remies

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought some new high caps for my 10/22 and used cci blazer and they didnt eject properly. Seemed like they lacked any power. Going to try winchester and some remington. 3500 rounds of cci, guess I will have to use them in my ithaca lever action, it always seemed to shoot them ok.

Roy.gifGuncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • alaskanmanalaskanman Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i too have had problems with the cci blazers, and they didn't seem to have as much power as the remingtons. i never did have too much luck with the winchesters they always seemed to leave un burned powder.

www.alaskancampfire.com
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot mostly winchester expert22 hollow point. I can get them for about $7 a brick. CCI stinger is the ones that i prefer to hunt with.

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Winchester X-Pert (I think they were named that..)
    550 shots per box, just poured down a cardboardbox.

CCI Standard
    CCI MiniMag
    CCI Stinger

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.