In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HappyNanoq...

drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2004 in General Discussion
Would you please give me contact info on the European manufacturers of Lithium batteries which you discovered ??

Thanks, Peter.

Doug

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I liked the pictures of your toys on the other thread ,however the tusks on the left of your tv and the heads on the right were really cool!Can you post pictures of them???BTW you have a very nice Krag!

Never trust a government that doesnt trust its own citizens with guns
    --Thomas Jefferson

Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath?
    Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    The first pictures here are stonecarvings
    The first 4 ones are some kind of tusk or tooth, the last scary looking fella' is reindeer-/caribou antler and the bottleopener (we don't have twistoffs here) is muskox horn. (made into that beautiful bottleopener by my very very best friend in Greenland)
    1.jpg

These are some more stone carvings and the one in the middle on the wooden thingy, is an oil lamp.
    In the old days you heated up some whale or seal blubber in it, that made good oil too.
    2.jpg

These are even more stone carvings.
    All of the above stone carvings are from Greenland, EXCEPT the white one on the far right.
    That is from the US actually - the Zuni indians made that one.
    It was sent to me by a forum-member who likes the little walking polarbear in my signature =o)
    Mighty nice of him - I hope he's happy with what I sent him in return. [:)]
    3.jpg

These are wooden carvings, they're masks.
    I heard a story about what they were used for once. Unfortunately I don't quite remember right now.
    I believe it was some kind of town play, where the actors held them in front of their own face.
    5.jpg

Yet two more wooden carvings and yes, that IS real teeth in the mask.
    I have no idea what the teeth are from, but they are real enough.
    4.jpg

Two danish wood carvings, one of a bear and one of a troll.
    The "thing" in front is narwhale tooth, it's the long tooth that sticks straight out.
    6.jpg

The wooden carvings here, are a married couple. (supposed to be).
    They're made in Greenland.
    Here you can also see the narwhale tooth in it's full length. about 2-2?'.
    This is just a small one, some can get 6-7-8' long.
    7.jpg

8.jpg

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.

The only way to get stoned??? - Whisky on the rocks.!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Happy,those are really cool[:D]

Never trust a government that doesnt trust its own citizens with guns
    --Thomas Jefferson

Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath?
    Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh and thanks - I love the Krag as well.
    It's the one I inherited from my father. (I'd rather have him though...)

It was the very first centerfire rifle I shot.
    I was about 8 years old back then.

My father didn't like to shoot it, as he thought the steel heelcap on it seemed to hurt him.

He also had a .30-06 Safari rifle (short, light rifle) that he enjoyed, with a bakelite-heelcap.
    But somehow he didn't like to shoot the 8mm Krag. But I loved it, so it was left for me.

Sad way to get a rifle, but I love it. Will never part with it.
    Even completed the set - and bought a bayonet for it. =o)
    Everything else is left as he saw fit - and it'll never be changed or sporterized.
    I'd rather pay 3$ a pop, than vandalize it.

polarbear.gif

• Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    LOL the thing I noticed in the pic of the krag was that you left your shot glass by the stack of cd's[:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I know I did. I love scotch whisky.

polarbear.gif