In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many guns in your gun collection

schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My wife thinks I am obsessed with guns. I have 17 and am telling her that is not even a collection it's just some guns. Let me know how many you have in your collection so she can read it for herself.

Thank you all.

Comments

• deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I DONT OWN ANY GUNS.I just hang out here for the good conversation[:(!].

use_deer.jpg
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not nearly enough.

He Dog
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not as many as sets of earrings my wife has.

What men call a hero...is merely a man who is seen doing what a brave man does as a matter of course.
    A man who is in love with learning is a man who is never without a bride, for there is always more. L'Amour
  • madmarc0madmarc0 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 3 or 4 I havent counted in a while though.

You know, you lose count!

I measured it and cut it twice, and it's still too short!
  • SilverBoxSilverBox Member Posts: 2,347
    edited November -1
    um gunz??

This thread looks familiar??

Is this Pro castinators anonymous??
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pskyking - You are right, There is no comparing my guns to MY wifes dam shoes. She's like Sally on "third rock from the sun"

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    GUNS? What Guns? Thats like asking a Woman how old she is,

Nothing like anouncing to the world how many guns ya got.. me somewhere between O and infinty

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh god not again.

We need a big banner that says "QUIT ASKING THIS STUPID QUESTION!"

Not many people are going to tell you how many guns they have. GEESH, i cant take it anymore! [}:)][:p][:(!]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    Oh god not again.

We need a big banner that says "QUIT ASKING THIS STUPID QUESTION!"

Not many people are going to tell you how many guns they have. GEESH, i cant take it anymore! [}:)][:p][:(!]

banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com

SO DON'T answer!This is not a mandatory question.....

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets add to this...

How many guns do you have and what's your address?

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And while we're at it....How do you have them stored?
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by drobs
    Lets add to this...

How many guns do you have and what's your address?
    THAT'S MY POINT.....ATF is going to come looking for me because I have some LEGAL guns. PARANOID??

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
  • ryan_marineryan_marine Member Posts: 635
    edited November -1
    More than I can shoot at the same time, Not enough, and enough to stop any living thing in the U.S.

Ray

More Powder, More Lead, More Dead
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by trstone
    And while we're at it....How do you have them stored?

They are ALL loaded and under my babies crib!

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, if that's the tone we're going to take here....Then it's only fair to reply with: Why do you ask?
    edited November -1
    hey schotzi1, ive been here long enough, and ive seen this post over, and over, and over, and over ,and everytime, you're only going to get about 1-3 people that actually answer truthfully, because honestly, its a stupid thing to say how many guns you have on the internet. You dont know if there are BATF agents on here, and once you write it down (or type it), its in stone pretty much, so one day, when all he'll breaks loose, they know how many guns you have.

Read the book "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" ,youll know what I'm talking about.

And as for your wife, I can tell you right now that there are plenty of people on here with well over 50 guns. And tell her you ARE obsessed with guns.. we all are on here, and theres nothing wrong with that. .Doenst mean we are extremists or militia members or anything. You mustve not have taken her to the range yet, or else you wouldve had a lot more! [;)][:D]

banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    GUNS? What Guns? Thats like asking a Woman how old she is

BINGO

What he said![V] And you can't really blame us with your 12 posts and all. Just suffice to say that I'm sure your wife has more of something she has than you think she needs, so call it a draw and buy another gun!![;)]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trstone
    Okay, if that's the tone we're going to take here....Then it's only fair to reply with: Why do you ask?

I wasn't looking for a "fight" - as stated in my original question.....My wife thinks I'm obsessed and I wanted her to "read" that there are a lot more people with a lot more guns than me. I did not wanna upset the "senior" folks but as I have read you gotta stand your ground.

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
    edited November -1
    Hey NUNN do us all a favor and poof this thread

use_deer.jpg
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GEE WHIZ not another one of these questions.
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by deerhntr
    Hey NUNN do us all a favor and poof this thread

I see I say something you don't like and you wanna "poof" me? I was just replying in the same tone. I am supposed to take it but not you guys.
    See ya'll

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    hey schotzi1, ive been here long enough, and ive seen this post over, and over, and over, and over ,and everytime, you're only going to get about 1-3 people that actually answer truthfully, because honestly, its a stupid thing to say how many guns you have on the internet. You dont know if there are BATF agents on here, and once you write it down (or type it), its in stone pretty much, so one day, when all he'll breaks loose, they know how many guns you have.

Read the book "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" ,youll know what I'm talking about.

And as for your wife, I can tell you right now that there are plenty of people on here with well over 50 guns. And tell her you ARE obsessed with guns.. we all are on here, and theres nothing wrong with that. .Doenst mean we are extremists or militia members or anything. You mustve not have taken her to the range yet, or else you wouldve had a lot more! [;)][:D]

banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com

Couldn't have said it better myself, well I could have but he save me alot of typing!![:p]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mrs. Smith's dog is barking at a fox.
    Mrs. Smith's dog is barking at a fox.
    Guests are coming for a spot of tea.
    Guests are coming for a spot of tea.
    [;)]

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    WOW, whata topic we have going here.[:D]

Nobody is trying to be mean to you schotzi1, everyone just keeps that info to themselves for the most part.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • BigBoreRobBigBoreRob Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congradulations, seems like you guys manadged to chase off another new person.
    It was asked awile back "why are we loosing people"?
    Well there is your answer. It was a simple question (yes, its been asked several times). All you needed to tell him was that its just not a question that you ask, with out terring him apart. Or just dont answer it at all if it bothers you to see a question asked a couple of times. Not all of us have been arround here long enough to see it all and have all the answers.
    By the way, to answer the question on the post,
    no coment.

Ill never understand why a women would dedicate her entire life to making one man miserable when she could make so many men happy
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    How many guns do you have that you traded over the neighbor's fence and didn't bother to get registered. How many guns did you used to own until your teenage son started to borrow them and lose them on canoe trips.

My wife thought I was obsessive until I told her a gun has to be cleaned each time you use it.

I collect so many I must routinely go through them and get rid of some of the inferior ones...
    2cach17.l.jpg
  • 270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by schotzi1
    quote:Originally posted by trstone

I wasn't looking for a "fight" - as stated in my original question.....My wife thinks I'm obsessed and I wanted her to "read" that there are a lot more people with a lot more guns than me. I did not wanna upset the "senior" folks but as I have read you gotta stand your ground.

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN

You obviously have not been here very long.

"A blood trail is life" (Ted Nugent) crosshair.gif
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New member asking old question ... let's encourage him to hang around by dumping on him ... least he has 16 posts which is about 15 more than a lot of the "new members" have been racking up.

Now with that said ... "Bad Question!"

I doubt if your going to get any real answers, so I'll give you one that is an absolute fact ... I have more ammo than guns.[}:)]

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Yeah, except it's ALWAYS the brand-new members asking questions like this. Coincidence? I don't think so!

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
    edited November -1
    Were not trying to be mean or anything, but we told him what was up and he got pissy. You're welcome here any time schotzi1, its nothing personal. [:)]

jsergovic, please dont post that pic ever again, it saddens me too much... [V]

banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    I think I was the last one to ask the forbidden question. Ya'll didn't chase me off though. I liked some of the answers.

"So Schotzi1, how long ya'll been workin fur de guvmint?"

"More than I need. Less than I want"

"Guns? Who said anything about guns? I thought this was a knitting forum?"

Don't have such a thin skin Schotzi1. This group aint so bad. They are just a little protective about certain information that could come back to haunt them.

Tell your wife that 17 is just getting started when it comes to building a nice collection.

bouncies.gif
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I have only been around here since 2000 but I don't think ANY of us has not asked "bad questions" before or not used the 'Search' feature. The protocol that is listed for posting is very general. Give the guy a break.

My answer is more than I need but less than I want.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Guns?
    Is this guns forum?
    I don't have any guns
    Thought it was the polk-a-dot shorts forum

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BigBoreRob
    Congradulations, seems like you guys manadged to chase off another new person.
    It was asked awile back "why are we loosing people"?
    Well there is your answer. It was a simple question (yes, its been asked several times). All you needed to tell him was that its just not a question that you ask, with out terring him apart. Or just dont answer it at all if it bothers you to see a question asked a couple of times. Not all of us have been arround here long enough to see it all and have all the answers.
    By the way, to answer the question on the post,
    no coment.

Ill never understand why a women would dedicate her entire life to making one man miserable when she could make so many men happy

I have to disagree with you on this Bigborerob,On these forums there is no such thing as a stupid question if someone nees info on something no matter what its always justified to post the question,
    BUT to ask How many Guns one has in his/her collection is not justified in any respect,That is a Very PERSONAL question and no ones
    buisness,I always love to see new members but this question was way out of line.Just my opinion.

use_deer.jpg
  • BigBoreRobBigBoreRob Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hay, Bigtire, love the video on your signature.

• muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe a better question would be....
    "How do you guys keep the "old lady" off your back about another gun purchase"?[}:)](this goes for about anything:tools,fishin rods)
    I always liked"Oh,I've had that for years"!or "I traded it for one of my other ones"

Muggster
  • SCROANDOGSCROANDOG Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dont run off schotzil think of it as a hazing or an initiation of sorts i am a fairly new member and i took one pretty much the same as you did just the other day by one or two of the same guys you took it from, these guys come across abrasive and direct and kinda rude sometimes, but we all have a vital and important thing in common the love of firearms and our 2nd amendment rights, look at the big picture, you stick around long enough and i bet these guys just might grow on ya.

IF I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SHOT MY MULE I WOULDA WALKED!
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    None, I sold them all. [;)]

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • SilverBoxSilverBox Member Posts: 2,347
    edited November -1
    Just what is a collection? More then one?