In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Granddaughter is hurt......

muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for this forum. It's kept my mind occupied since my 2 1/2 yr old granddaughters accident yesterday morning. She was at the babysitters and a 27" TV fell off an entertainment center onto her little head. Don't know the details of how it happened yet. She was air lifted to Sacramento and is currently in the UC Davis Childrens Hospital. Latest word is a large fracture on the left side of her head and her left eye socket is broken in two places. Also, the first vertebrae in her neck is damaged. She is in a collar, but no sign of any nerve damage. Thank God. The dad and mom and my wife are down there and will be there until she comes home. I will be glad when they get home. What they are going through is nothing compared to what I have to put up with. I had to get 4 year old Bailey,my other granddaughter, in and out of the shower and even brush her hair. My attempt at making a couple of pony tails was less then perfect. One is more on top and the other is kind of on the side. After 30 minutes, I quit trying to make them even.
Thanks again for your company, fellas.
muley

**I love the smell of Blue Wonder in the morning**

Comments

• Options
    lokdok1lokdok1 Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muley, My wife and I read your post, It's hard to imagine, all we can do is keep her in our thoughts and prayers and hope for a full recovery.

Bartman
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If there is a God I hope with all my heart He watches over that little baby.
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big prayers from all of the Beasts. She'll be okay........
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    MY prayers go out to your granddaughter,hope everything turns out well.

Edited by - 4wheeler on 07/30/2002 22:23:43

Edited by - 4wheeler on 07/30/2002 22:24:22
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers and best wishes are all I can offer, so here they are.

If I knew then, what I know now.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best wishes and prayers from the Rembrandt household.....
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Best wishes from the Glore family in Bethel, Alaska.

AlleninAlaska

Free men are not equal and equal men are not free
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Your granddaughter is in our prayers, as well as the rest of the family....*hugs to all

I cant help but wonder how on earth a tv that size managed to fall off the entertainment unit...

One woman's opinion
  • Options
    E.WilliamsE.Williams Member Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muley I am truly sorry this is the first I have read of this I missed your other post.Your granddaughter is doing well it seems after that type of accident.She will be in my prayers every night until she is ok which Im sure she will be.Again Im sorry to hear of this and I give my condolences to you and your family.Im sure she will come out of this just fine with all the prayers being said.Im sorry I mis-read your post I thought it said you posted yesterday not the accident was yesterday.

Eric S. Williams

Edited by - E.Williams on 07/30/2002 22:39:46
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will hope and pray for your granddaughter's complete recovery.

KC
  • Options
    BuckshotBuckshot Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no stronger medicine then the power of prayer and faith in the good lord above..our thoughts and prayers are with you, your Granddaughter and all those concerned..believe me the good Lord will watch over all of you and provide...this is from one who has witnessed the power of prayer...and believes that "There is power in the Blood"
  • Options
    sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thoughts, and Prayers for the complete healing of this little girl!!
    This is the first I knew about this accident , sorry I havent been paying attention! sod

"Just my opinion."
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    She and your whole family are in our prayers! Keep us posted. GHD
  • Options
    glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    My prairs are with you.

Glyn
  • Options
    jaoobjaoob Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muley,
    I pray everything goes well. I have 3 granddaughters and they are most precious to me. My heart goes out to your grandaughter and to all of your family. May GOD BLESS

Jim
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're pray'in for you.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, friends. The latest word is that they took Aubree in for an MRI and another Cat Scan. According to the first Cat Scan, she has two damaged areas in her first neck vertebrae. The decision to operate or not will be made in the morning. Regardless, she will be in a neck brace for a while. The other concern is the broken bones in her eye socket. Also, due to the swelling, they don't even know if her eye is intact or not. Time will tell. You don't know how relieving it is to just type these messages, knowing that they will be read by good people that really care. You all make the difference. Thanks again.
    muley

**I love the smell of Blue Wonder in the morning**
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    muley, I can only try to imagine the anguish and heartache you are experiencing. My thoughts and wishes are with you and the rest of your family.
  • Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muley,

You, your grandaughter and family are in my prayers. Hope
    she has a full recovery.

Keep trying those pony tails, you will get them right with
    practice.

Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now, I can buy more ammo.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Good God man, hang in and hang on!!
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your granddaughter will be in our prayers tonight.....

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    muley; Your granddaughter and family are in my prayers. This is a good bunch to have praying for you, I found that out myself last month.

Woods
  • Options
    austin247austin247 Member Posts: 375
    edited November -1
    Your granddaughter and family will be in my prayers as well. God bless.
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Muley
    You and your family will be in our prayers.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Muley,

Mrs NJRETCOP and I will be praying for her. It was a tragic accident.
    God is great, and I'm certain that he is watching over her.

Keep the faith.

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Praying here also - I've tried the ponytail thing when my daughter was 4 - I couldn't do it either...

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    inspectorknuckleheadinspectorknucklehead Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers in the air, for you and all your family.

John Colson

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one" Luke 2:36
  • Options
    pigeoncreek1pigeoncreek1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    muley,

You have our prayers for a full & speedy recovery

Gun control is hitting your target
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    My prayers are with your family muley, I pray the little one will be fine...

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best to you and your family may God Bless you All.

Best,

Rugster
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My prayers for your granddaughter and one for you to ease your mind as you care for the other little precious one.

***There's a difference between living and living well!***
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    must have missed the first post, so I'll pray double today.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • Options
    gun_gal1682gun_gal1682 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all. And best wishes for her full recovery. Prayer is the best stronghold, a power even stronger than the doctors. Stand strong!
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers & well wishes from the Scrimshaw family.

Hope the little one is doing OK, keep us posted please.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    Norman DogNorman Dog Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hang in there, Muley. Your granddaughter is in a top notch medical facility and has her family with her. Don't worry too much about the ponytails - uneven makes them special and kids love that.
  • Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two weeks ago, I wouldn't have even thought it possible a large TV could tip over onto a child. Last week in Utah at a Circuit City store in the Provo area, a five year old girl was shopping with her mother. Mother looked away and the child was under a 32 inch television which had tipped off its stand. Little girl's skull was smashed and she died from the blow. Her Mom removed the TV from her. The store had surveillance video but no cameras pointed into that area. No one actually saw the accident but heard it.

Circuit City officials closed the store for a day and investigated. The local Police Department investigated and found it to be a "freak accident." So sad! Circuit City officials say they never had this happen before in their 50 year history. Well, it happened now!

Obviously, this is more commom than thought. I just checked a large TV and it definitely is "Top Front Heavy" and with just a tiny push, it will tip over front ways and would definitely fall off a stand or shelf if this happened. We need to look more closely at this.

Prayers to you, your family, and for the child.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update on Aubree. My son just called from the hospital and said that the team of doctors have concluded that she has a severe case of whiplash but the spinal column and nerves are OK. The team of eye doctors pried her eyelid open last night while she was out and moved the eyeball all around and concludes that everything looks OK. The broken eye socket should heal OK. One more test today of some kind, but she is going to be OK and when released, will just need to wear a neck brace for a while. All I can say is that you people are the best and ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS HAVE WORKED. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
    Apparently the baby sitter is in the process of moving and had a lot of boxes stacked everywhere. The large TV was on top of the entertainment center out of the way. Aubree opened a drawer on the entertainment center causing it to become top heavy and everything fell down on her. Again, thanks fellas and ladies.
    muley

**I love the smell of Blue Wonder Gun Blue in the morning**
  • Options
    jaoobjaoob Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muley,
    That is "Great News" We will keep praying for a total and complete recovery.

Jim
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm really glad to hear that she'll be okay, Muley!

Best regards from Michigan!

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    muley - Sorry to hear of your grand daughters accident and very glad to here she's doing better and things are looking up ... will keep her and family in our prayers.

I can sympathize with your pony tails delima ... hopefully they will be home before you get proficent at it! I haven't had to do the pony tails thing for almost 17 years but as many of you know we had Abby almost 2 years ago and her hair is just now getting long enough to need the tails to keep it out of her face! ... its comming back to me at her expense!

=================================
    The only bad thing about choosing a Kimber ...
    ... there are so darn many models to choose from!
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.