In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FAQ sticky

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
quote:Originally posted by He Dog
.... Over on the experts board we get the same questions from new posters frequently, like how much is my granddads really old double barrel shotgun worth? Almost always it is a decent, but cheaply produced utility gun sold originally for $10-$12 and today not safe to shoot and worth $100-$200 as a wall hanger. Old does not equal valuable. Several of us try to be gentle in explaining that over and over, but it does get tedious. This is not a condemnation, no one is born an expert and we were all both beginners and newbies, and no doubt somewhere along the line asked some of the same questions. I have often thought an FAQ section would be useful, but GB owns the site and the boards and they will determine what the boards are.

He Dog

We could do this, with or without admin support (redneck sticky =btt). We could divvy up the research, digging through the archives and making lists of threads on different topics, kind of like an index to the forum.

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

crawfordsville.gif
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't that be like - uh - saying - "Don't bother me with your petty questions - go get the BlueBook and look it up".... What are you trying to gain from a simple "ask the experts board" which is designed for info sharing??? Capt. Kirk has been very generous with his editing and also has helped some with identification/value... How many moderators do we need????You do not have to respond to those questions and I veiw those new questions (no matter if they are about the same old shotgun) as a potential firearm enthusiast (sp). It should be a user friendly enviroment where all questions are treated as a chance to teach/learn. Not some cold - "Read these first - before you bother someone who knows the info"....

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,449 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You make a decent point BlueTic, though I must admit I am often puzzled why guys don't buy the Blue Book.

I think as an alternative, I will create form answers as Word files that I can just copy to the reply box.

He Dog
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He Dog,
    While you are at it, make a form for "how to get (is it worth getting) an FFL or C&R."
    One about shipping long guns vs. pistols.
    You know, the FAQ. file. [:D]

I did a form file once about how to post a picture,
    but the host kept changing so fast I could not keep up. [:(]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HeDog you asked why they don't buy the blue book alot of them only have 1 or 2 guns makes it kinda expensive to find out what their gun is worth then when they do find their gun and the value as printed they think that is really what their gun is worth and if no one will give them that value they think they are being cheated. I have a lot of guns and the best way to find out what a gun is worth is to see what the same type are selling for or ask the experts who deal in guns a lot more than I do