In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Loudest Concert??

sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
While we are on the music and concert track,,,what was the LOUDEST concert that you have been to?? For me,,I've seen Ted Nugent three times and been to numerous "Sun Days" at Mile High stadium in the late 70's early 80's,,but the loudest that I have been to is Bob Segar and the silver bullet band at McNichnols in Denver,I had cotton for my ears,,when I would take the cotton out, IT HURT!!

"Just my opinion."

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rollins Band--Seattle--1997
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Lynyrd Skynyrd

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    1812 Overture with 105's on bass!!

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't top Shootist3006, but Iron Butterfly left my ears ringing for 24 hours.
  • Options
    squeakycsqueakyc Member Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The loudest I have ever heard was back in the 70's in a 2,000 seat hockey rink. It was Mega Death and Triumph. My ears were ringing for at least two days. Lost a lot of grey matter that night.
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    1972, Grand Funk Railroad. My ears rang for two days afterwards. I remember the metal handrails in the auditorium were vibrating. Man, I was young and dumb back then.

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wasn't there ( not my favorites) but heard somewhere that the record for the loudest concert was performed by: The Who. I will check my sources and get back.
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It had to have been Rush on the "Permanent Waves" tour, after that nothing was very loud again. A few Judas Priest concerts came close though.

Them ducks is wary.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Gotta be Molly Hatchett in the mid 1980's at the Tallahassee Convention Center. I actually had to walk out it was so loud. My ears hurt for days. Next loudest was probably a Steppenwolf concert at the Miami Marina.
  • Options
    leadrollerzleadrollerz Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judas Priest....around 1979....I think. I've seen so many shows.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hans down in my younger days AC/DC I think in 1986.

Rugster
  • Options
    ghost614ghost614 Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard the MC5 was loud in the old days, to make up for rough musicianship. That seems to be the primary reason for excessive volume these days. With sound men dialing for the size of the venue, I've still seen a couple of re-organized bands without all the original players who make up for their shortcomings with volume. I saw 3 Dog Night (a revival band) under a tent a few years back and had to get out of there, it was so loud it hurt. But of course, they were outdoors and wanted to "reach" everyone. But when a band is so loud you can't hear the music, just a wall of noise, you know it's time to move back. Your eardrums are at risk...

- Life NRA Member
    "If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Options
    pigeoncreek1pigeoncreek1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Metallica...by far!!

Gun control is hitting your target
  • Options
    FUBARFUBAR Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    j geils band.

Guns! Guns! Guns!
  • Options
    PointerPointer Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nugent in the 70s.He would let out a scream that would curl your hair.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,630 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted Negent...2nd row center, Bradley University 1976...

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody remember the James Gang from the early 70's. They were kind of second tier famous. I was in the third row and I'm sure it cost me more hearing than any gun I ever fired. I was in Dekalb, Illinois at NIU. Two months later the Greatful Dead had a concert scheduled. It was a sell-out but they never showed. Two years later and nobody got their money back.
  • Options
    adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    Gin Blossums at the Cotton Club in Atlanta. I could not hear anything but a strange ringing sound for three days afterward.
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    It'd be a toss-up between Pantera at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, and Slipknot and System of a Down at the Pepsi Arena in Albany, NY.
  • Options
    Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to Hirsch(sp?) Memorial Colloseum in Shreveport, La. back in '87 to see Iron Maiden. Right before their release of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. At the time they had the largest indoor sound system. I think it was upwards of 96 or 98 thousand watts. By far the loudest concert I have ever been to.

***I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling section I think I need a Leer jet***
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Loudest concert I ever went to was JETHRO TULL. Loudest concert I played in was this contemporary piece of music., The percussionist was behind me, and gave a cymbal crash, which caused me to experience the phenomenom of seeing stars. The next night I brought ear plugs.

"The powers delegated by the proposed constitution to the federal governmentare few and defined, and will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace negotiation, and foreign commerce"
    -James Madison
  • Options
    jokor3jokor3 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IRON BUTTERFLY PLAYING IN DA GA DA VIDA LATE 60'S

joe c knight
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Metallica, in the Master of Puppets tour. We went to the Cinderella and Poison 80's concert at DTE Music Theater last week, 15' in front of the stage. IT WAS LOUD!

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Night Ranger concert back in the mid-80's left me seeing stars and deaf for a couple days. But the loudest had to be a Kiss concert back in 1980.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Old Hickory,....The James Gang throughly ROCKED. One of my all time faves is "The Bomber", awesome !!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The loudest I have been to was in the early 90s when Quiet Riot was doing clubs again. Quit Riot in a barroom was absolutely positively deafening. It was so loud the music was distorted, my ears didnt ring for two days, they rang for a week and I do belive I have permanant damage as a result. It was also enough to make you sick it was so loud.
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    Nugent in a stadiuim in St Lou. so loud the farmers sued cause the cows quit giving mlik

Remember here at DeeDee"s If we can't kill it, it's immortal
    D.D.Snavely
  • Options
    dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greetings, had to be skynar, and somebody paid for a greatful dead concert? gee what a concept. respt. submitted dads-freehold

rodney colson