In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cabela's boycott-nope

earthmvrearthmvr Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I remember seeing a post on hear a while back about boycotting Cabela's. I just got the Spring Master Catalog today and Cabela's don't have to worry about me boycotting, way to much cool stuff.

4dff19a9.gifc716f163.gif72d96bc6.jpg
Proud member of the NRA and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was

Comments

• anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why the boycott idea? [?] I never heard about it at all. I went to a Cabela's stor last summer for the first time and I was really impressed. They've got everything and their people know there stuff![:D]
  • bmbuzlrbmbuzlr Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who would boycott a place that sell bulk ammo by the 1000 and free ammo cans to boot?

"What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith,1787.

"They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

If God didn't want us to eat animals, then he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
    largemarge.jpg
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    hell no im not boycotting cabellas

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • Ruger22Ruger22 Member Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    I have boycotted Target, for obvious reasons. They are traitors to the Republic.

Member: NRA, RFC, John Birch Society, American Numismatic Association.
  • earthmvrearthmvr Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Why the boycott idea? I never heard about it at all

Apartly a guy was fired from Cabela's for exercising his right to freedom of speech. So he is organizing a boycott of Cabela's. Personally found the whole thing a little hard to buy.

4dff19a9.gifc716f163.gif72d96bc6.jpg
    Proud member of the NRA and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ruger22
    I have boycotted Target, for obvious reasons. They are traitors to the Republic.

If this is about that tired old story about the veteran donation thing, check out some of the urban legend web sites, or maybe the 2 MILLION PREVIOUS POSTS ABOUT IT.

Anyone know the straight story on what happened to that guy with Cabela's? If I remember correctly, the link only went to a site telling his side of the story.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sure the gun gradders would like to Boycott Cabela's With one of the largest gun displays I have seen outside of a gun show, they must be a breeding ground for terrorists and a quick way for punk gangsters to pick up guns right? (however I am not sure why one would want to pay $22,000 for a shotgun, but maybe I am just into the economical side of firearms rather than the collecting)

medal.gif27Nov2003 Samarra, Iraq