In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Paypal Problem Can you help ?

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I sold an item on fleabay and was paid via paypal. I sent item next day and later that night I get a email from paypal that the there may be fradulent funds involved and they have put transaction on hold. Now the buyer will not return my emails and Im out some decent money. He wanted no insurance so I just sent the item USPS and have nothing track the item or show for it. Am I screwed ?

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can certainly report the fraud to the buyer's local police and U.S. postal inspectors, but otherwise, there's nothing you can do except hope they find the funds. I wait until I see the PayPal funds downloaded from my online account to my bank account on major transactions, for reasons like this.

PS -- He probably didn't want an insurance company coming after him. Take note, and see if PayPal insurance, and auction site insurance if any, can help you.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If paypal originally gave you a notice of funding then later reversed theirself you should have some recourse to/with them.

As for shipping I never send anything without a delivery confirmation, best $.45 you can spend.

Hope it all works out for you in the end.

bomb_line_3.gif
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one time the USPS would return mail if the sender requested them to do so. I don't know if they still do this but it is worth a try. You would have to call the Post Office the package was sent to.
  • reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give pay pal a call and ask them what the options are 1-888-221-1161. I just had problems with some mags that I bought and the seller didnt want to work with me, they are getting my money back for me.

Roy.gifGuncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contender man , you bet ! Everything I send gets delivery confirmation..45 cents to verify it got there. NO excuses then.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use pay-pay to buy stuff ONLY, When i sell something i REQUIRE
    a U.S. Postal Money order only This is outlined in my auctions
    and people are told to only bid if they will pay with one.
    When i get the money order it is cashed at the Post office
    and thier item is shipped at the same time.I got burned More than a few times on Fleabay and now this new system i have is Fool proof (so far).
    I leave the post office with CASH for the item and its on its way
    to the new owner. Works 100% for me.

use_deer.jpg