In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Leupold Warranty-Has there been changes?

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Has anyone heard anything about Leupold changing their warranty policy? I read on another board that Leupold will no longer offer a "forever warranty". From now on, only scopes that were originally purchased from an "authorized dealer" will have the warranty. So if you bought A lEUPOLD SCOPE SECOND HAND, THERE IS NO WARRANTY. I went to the Leupold sight and saw nothing about this new policy, but apparently, the info was removed from the sight due to all of the complaints/inquiries about the new policy.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    salzo: how are they going to know that it was second hand?

Are they going on the paper work that you fill out when you buy it to send in to them?
    What if you buy it second hand from an authorized dealer?[:D]

I wonder if this also applies to there "brown box" scopes?

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I sent one back in December, 2003 that I dropped and damaged climbing up in a stand. They replaced everything. The only thing they used from the old scope were the lenses. It was a used scope I bought in 2002. They returned it in January, 2004, no charges and repaired like new. As of then, nothing had changed.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought one a month ago,inside the box was the standard...."even if your not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies."

No changes that I see.

I don't own any Burris scopes yet, but I'm told their warranty is one word: Forever
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,451 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cletus that is indeed Burris' warranty: Forever.

This sound like one of those internet rumors started by some one wiht a grude against Leupold.

He Dog
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did hear something to that effect at the last club meet, But i dont think its true I just had some work done to a used Luie i got on fleabay and they did not charge me a dime. If Leupold started doing something like that they would sure loose out in the long run. One of the MAJOR reasons people are so Nutty for thier scopes is the warrenty.Just my opinion.

use_deer.jpg