In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

EVER GET BURNED OUT....???

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
On a hobby that is.....

I mean you enjoy the hobby, couldnt think of anything else you would like to do better, but one day just know that IF you tackled anything to do with that particular hobby on that day, it would be finished for good?...so you walk away for a few days or even a couple of weeks?..

Like sewing for example....you go at it, enjoy it, love it even but on certain days.......NO FLIPPIN way...
Ever happen with guns?...do you get the need to walk away every once in a while?...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Hudson.gif

Comments

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Got into golf big time and really enjoyed it 'til I realized I'd never break 80 without being able to devote more time to it. Kind of lost the appeal when I started shooting the same mediocre score everytime. Now I play three or four times a year just to socialize with my 4 brothers who make the time to stay sharp.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have collected and fooled with firearms for 45 years. Every once in a while I will take up new interests that divert me. I discovered motorcycles in 1970 and that was all was interested in for 5 years. I started collecting and restoring fountain pens about 6 years ago. 17 years ago, I was big on coin collecting. I have always come back to firearms.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I leave and come back to several of my hobbies, guns included. They are on a sort of rotation I guess...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to get burned out, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford all of my interest. As mateom said, they are on rotation...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Yeah Beth!..Right now its the 4 leter word "Work"
    Still doing 3 jobs for 1 salary paycheck ,
    Now working from 5am till 8-9pm
    Getting total burnout really quick..
    They have interviewed replacements for the Parts Mgr & Expeditor but none hired yet
    Walte
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rotation here too.

Currently I'm working on my new 4 wheeler and been doing a lot of ice-fishing. Since I haven't been able to get out and shoot much I have kinda wandered away from guns for a bit. As soon as the weather breaks, though, I'll be out testing the new shotgun!

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Yes, I have been there too.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rotation for me as well,

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Walte....
    I will take the job...LOL...

mrmike..sometimes it just isnt fun anymore...any hobby

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Hudson.gif
  • sitkablacktailsitkablacktail Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never get board with guns, I shoot just about every weekend.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never got burt out on Guns in general, But my gun interests have changed over the years Like one year i would be drooling over Levers
    and start trading off others to get them,then i would loose interst
    in them and go full speed after Bolt guns It goes in cycles like that
    for me.[;)]

use_deer.jpg