In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

anybody like pickled "pigs feet" ??

Cyberdyne systemsCyberdyne systems Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
sometimes I eat pickled pigs feet, pickles, pickled german sausage,
pickled eggs, sauerkraut, because it reminds me of the stuff people
ate back in the old days when they didnt have refrigeration.[8D]

Comments

• charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got too ask that at 5 a.m., too someone with a "killer" handover[?] OOOOOOh!! I think i'm dying!! I did't know CHAMPAGNE could get you sowsed this much.[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

"Well i'll be a suck egg mule"...Arthur Hunnicutt.
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love them but the doctor says I can only have a couple a year.
    this getting old s**ks

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    YUCK !!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't had any for years. I used to go after them and pickled hocks. Home made souse has much the same vinegar type flavor. Mmmmm. I've eaten just about all the parts of them critters.

358 WINCHESTER, You're right, but hopefully it will take a long, long time.[:D]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I ate them when i was young and living in Alabama. I don't think i could stomach them anymore.

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll pass on them!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wundudnee SOUSE now you have gone and made me hungry guess I will put off the boold test for monday a week and buy me some souse on the way home from dads today. a older then me couple make it and sell it out of their mom & pop grocery store on the Fl. Al. line.
    [:p][:p][:p]

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Why sure, it's all good for you. My grandpa used to make the best pickled pigs feet I ever ate. I sure miss that.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had pickled pigs feet. One of my favorite watering holes in Kansas used to have pickled turkey gizzards, not a sole would eat them. I ate the first one on a bet, found out they were pretty dang good with cold beer. After I tried the first one then everyone ate them. Had to drop one of those fake plastic eyes in the jar to keep everyone out of them.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    My Gramps still likes to make pickled pigs feet. It's in kind of a loaf. Not too bad, not too good. He also will pickle leftover bluegill fillets. Those are actually pretty good.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I love them.
    Could never figure out how they get those pigs to stand in the vinegar that long though?[:o)]
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    My Dad and I eat a jar at a time sometimes, along with those Penrose sausages that come in a jar. Yummy!

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Think you guys are determined to make me ill this morning...pickled pigs feet and krystal/white castle burgers...OMMMGGG...
    How Gross!!!!!!!!!!

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love a good German restaurant but I doubt pig's feet have enough meat on them to interest me. [8D]

Reminds me of a time when I was in an Oriental restaurant with a bunch of friends, and we were all having the multi-course meal they call Dim Sum. The waitress kept bringing us large quantities of different dishes to eat. Finally she came back and, looking at me, asked, "You want some tsick-eh-foo?" I said, sure. Then I turned to my buds and said, laughing, "It kinda sounds like she said 'chickenfoot,' hahahaha.

Before I knew it, we had a steaming pile of chicken's feet on our table -- I was not popular for that.... no dam* meat on them either. [xx(] [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    got 1 jar for the past 5yrs.
    allways bring them to the christmas party, nobody has opened them up yet.
    sorta of a standing poke, they know what Walte will bring for Christmas lunch.
    Almost as bad as the "Fatty Patty" blow up doll, another Christmas gag gift that the "new guy" gets from me as a Christmas present. Patty has also been around now for 5yrs.
    Walte
  • Cyberdyne systemsCyberdyne systems Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use to get my pickled pigs feet at this old fashioned butcher shop
    when I was a kid, if you have ever seen the movie "TIC TIC TIC" they
    show the exact same butcher shop I use to go to as a kid! it had a big fake cow in front of the store, they filmed the movie in California but they were portraying it as a small southern town in the movie, remember they cooked an egg on the sidewalk?[8D]
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't get em up here. I have looked! I would love to try some though.

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, like both pickled feet and souse. Parents made them when they butchered the hogs back in the '40's, and I learned to love them then. They also made something from the brain that was delicious, but I don't remember what it was called.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • Cyberdyne systemsCyberdyne systems Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a jar at the local grocery store, they are in the same
    isle where the sardines and canned meats are located, they are also
    popular in Mexican grocery stores. They are an "acquired" taste, if you have never eaten them before, they are kind of sour from being soaked in a special pickling brine made with vinegar.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldgunner
    Yep, like both pickled feet and souse. Parents made them when they butchered the hogs back in the '40's, and I learned to love them then. They also made something from the brain that was delicious, but I don't remember what it was called.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.

It was called "head cheese", it was cooked down and left to set up in a loaf pan. It kind of resembled liverwurst. The souse was all the little parts and pieces jellied up in a roll. We always took the heads to an older woman in town, and she worked them up.

offeror, you're right, there's not much to get your teeth into on chicken feet. I've eaten them too.[:D]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have pigs feet maybe a couple of times a year. Also souse and head cheese.

He Dog
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Usualy by the time I eat the bacon,roast,loins,chops theres no more room for stuff like the feet,tails,ears,snouts.

quote:"You want some tsick-eh-foo?" I said, sure. Then I turned to my buds and said, laughing, "It kinda sounds like she said 'chickenfoot,' hahahaha.

Before I knew it, we had a steaming pile of chicken's feet on our table -- I was not popular for that.... no dam* meat on them either.

Thats funny. Im still laughing[:D]
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, of course I like Kimchee too. The ability to eat non-perishable foods is a good one to have.

James
    royalthaiarmy.gifrtaflag.jpg
    Do your troops train with live cobras? ROYAL THAI ARMY DOES!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never had that food before but sounds good[:p]

use_deer.jpg96EB.jpg