In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

10/22 scout mount

cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
10/22 scout mount

I saw on Chief AJ's site a scout mount for a 10/22- really cool and would even allow a scope with a brass catcher if you want.

Anyway, he was pretty cool and emailed me back and said it took him like 6 months to get the mount all worked out. He will do one for me if i send in a barrel and about 50 bucks.

I am really thinking about it, but i was wondering if anyone else has any ideas on mounting a scope on the BARREL, esp a factory contoured one.
thx,
C-

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My 10/22 is tapped for a scope rail or Ruger scope rings, I use the high mounts so I can use either the open sights or the scope..

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    You've got me wondering. Would a scope mounted onto the barrel be intrinsical more stable and accurate? I was thinking about getting a barrel mount for 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant or a frame mount for a Mauser. Now I am wondering if the barrel mount would be the better choice even though I would have to use a scope (pistol scope?) with a long eye relief. Anyone know which is the best choice?

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it seems to me that a barrel mount would eliminate the barrel/receiver connection as a place where misalignment can occur. So a solid mount on the barrel should be as stable as it gets.
    On that logic, Maybe an Integral barrel mount would be even better! :)
    And I too like the See-thru mounts for the 10/22, but I now want something that i can use a scope and a brass catcher with.

No one makes a brass catcher that works with the see-thru mounts. i made one out of an old motor oil can but it just isn't the same. And wouldn't hold up to field use.
    C-

edited November -1
    I like the standard receiver mount myself, cant get used to the
    scout...

use_deer.jpgfiremen-flag-0912011.jpg