In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

scopes???

0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Can anyone tell me what kind of glass to put on my new m1a [M14] scout
rifle?

0341USMC
SEMPER FI
Christian
American
heterosexual
PRO GUN
conservative
Any Questions?

Comments

• kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Springfield glass =
    Leapers quality at Leupold prices [V] Been there, done that [:(!] and still pissed about it.

What kind of a price range do you want to be in?

I've got a couple of the Super-Snipers, on other 308's which I've been very happy with.

Although I don't have one, I've heard a lot of good comments about the some of the upper end Burris scopes (Black Dimond?)

Can't go wrong with a Leupold

Swarvoski, Ziss, Night Force - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Schmidt & Bender have a scope that might fit your gun, eye-sight, need and wallet.

If you have the chance to look through one - try it out.

I have a 30mm maintube Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6*42 on my Ansh?tz .22LR rifle. It's a fantastic combination actually, it will litterally shoot 10-shot MOB-groups.!!

With MOB I mean.. Minute-Of-Beercan at approx. 100-110metres.

I sold the Steyr Mannlicher Scout .308Win I had - but kept the scope from that rifle, as I needed a scope for my .22LR.
    Seems to be "Overkill" having a scope that's 3 times more expencive than the rifle itself - but never buy other than quality optics if you expect tack-driving from your rifle.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • ironjohn929ironjohn929 Member Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    0341, I'm going to have to recommend Leopold to you. In my opinion they have some of the best optics and quality out there. Law inforcment agencies all over the US use them. One of the nicest things about leopold is there customer service. They are truely dedicated to making you happy, and in my book, that's few an far between. For your weopon, I would recommend the M1 or M4 series scopes. They are tougher than nails and accurate as could be. They are a little more money, but definately worth it in my opinion! Happy shooting. Hope this helps!

IJ
  • Big StickBig Stick Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    3.5-10x M1 would be my choice...............
  • Big StickBig Stick Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Scout" as in forward mounted EER glass?

If so,Leupie 2.5-8x with turrets..................
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the one you must have.
    http://www.unertloptics.com/products/index.htm#ux10
    10xB.jpg

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: Originally posted by RugerNiner
    This is the one you must have.http://www.unertloptics.com/products/index.htm#ux10
    10xB.jpg

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/

... UUHHH yaha Sure ... I'll take 2! quote:Copied from theUnertl 10X Tactical page
    The retail price of the UNERTL-10X Tactical is $2500.00 plus shipping & insurance.

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If money is not much of an object I would say the PERFECT MIA scout (receiver mount of course) scope would be a Leupold VXIII 1.75-6 Matte.I am not a huge fan of the forward scout scope mount but
    if its a must i would also recomend a leupold aswell.

use_deer.jpg