In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The athiest ( good laugh)

Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
While walking along a forest trail one day, an athiest was taking notice of the beauty all around him. The sun felt warm on his face, the sound of a nearby stream was music to his ears, and the animals of the forest were like nothing he had seen before. As he walked farther along the trail and the woods got thicker, he heard a rustling in the brush to his left. He stopped to see what would come out. At that moment, about thirty yards behind him, a grizzly broke out onto the trail. Fearing for his life, the man let out a scream and took off running with the bear closing on him fast. Looking back one time he saw the grizzly was gaining ground and only half as far back as he had been. Still screaming and looking back again, he saw the bear was now so close that he had a paw raised and ready to take a swipe at him. Still fearing for his life the man screamed "Oh my God!" After he did this, everything fell silent, time froze, and the bear stopped where it stood. Suddenly there was a voice from above...it was the voice of God.
"How can you call on me now? All your life you have doubted my existence. You scoffed at all I have made for all mankind, and marked it as coincidence. And now in your time of need you are a believer?"
" I realize this seems an odd request, as I have not believed in you all my life, but if you won't have mercy on me at least make the bear a Christian."
There was a pause. And God said, "It is done."
As time started to pass, and the trees and animals and wind moved once again, the bear sat down on the trail. Thinking he was in the clear the man let out a sigh of relief. But as he did, the bear folded its paws together, bowed his head and said, " Lord, I thank you for this food I am about to receive."

***I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling section I think I need a Leer jet***

Comments