In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good Karma

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My karma must be good--an ordained, practicing pastor has become a Realtor in my office!! [}:)][;)]

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

Comments

• HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    E-mailed to me this morning:

Yesterday at lunch I saw a couple of US servicemen (in uniform) in the same restaurant. I called our waitress over and told her that when the young men were done to bring their check to me and not to tell them.

When the guys got done eating the waitress told them that their check was taken care of and to have a nice day. They started asking around and one of the other waitresses told them that I had paid their check so they came over and thanked me. I told them to enjoy it and thanks for their service and we chatted a bit and they left.

Back at work I was feeling good about it and got a phone call from an old friend from out of state saying that he was in town and wanted to meet for drinks and dinner. Upshot of it was this guy had flown from New Jersey to Bakersfield to ask me if I would take a Plant Manager's position for a large power plant in Mississippi (50-60 miles south of Memphis, Tennessee)

The position is for over $100K a year in salary plus perks, in an area with a cost of living over 15% cheaper than here.

Now I have to decide if I want to move to a "free state" or not. Is Mississippi a third world country?

David

Sometimes what goes around, comes around! Eh?
    [:D][:D][:D]
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nah, its just a case of Yin and Yang; you're the Yin and he's the Yang. [}:)]

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Good Karma???? My Grandfather always says this, "Never do business w/ a Preacher or a Teacher. They know everything, Listen to nothing, Everyone owes them a favor, and they are always short on money."
    No offense to any of you preachers or teachers out there.[;)][8D][;)]