In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Its a real mess!!

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
The snow or ice should I say!We got about 4 inches last friday morning then it warmed up and froze back.Now its just solid ice my driveway is like a skateing rink is as most others and business locations as well.You cant scrape it I drove around two nights with chains on I can still hear the darn things.I had one break and went to headquarters and got a new set.I assisted the Sheriff's Office on a Domestic last night and got there the same time as the Deputy and I was being careful not to fall.I didnt take 3 steps and I busted my a#s in front of everybody.Really I fell face first my right knee and the palm of my right hand took most of the jar.Didnt really hurt much except my pride.[B)]Ive never seen solid ice frozen this solid and thick in my life.Im sure glad someone invented these chains that are easy to take off and put on by yourself.Because it sems like Ive done nothing but take them off and put them on.I got stuck in the Shell station parking lot,or should I say my cruiser just sit there and spun until I got out and put the chains on.I hear there is a big one comeing North East tomorrow?Its begining to make me think about what I call the old fashion winters when I was a youngster,but I enjoyed it back then.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I can say is be careful and safe.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Pretty bad here in southern Illinois also. Got nailed by the ice storm last week then it rained now its just plain dangerous. We are expecting more tonight as well. I love snow but could definetly do without the ice.

Larry
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive caught he## about falling I think they need to make studded shoes for times like this.Im going to wear cleats when I go back to work[8D].If it will snow on top of the ice then it would be ok.But this solid ice is impossible to stand on.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he he he he

now what do you think of global warming?

sorry to hear about them giveing you a hard time about the slip

Lt. snarlgard RRG
    SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO[}:)]
    fcb9874f.jpg.thumb.jpgfc21ef6c.gif