In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Springfield XD

PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was looking at the XD's about a year ago, I guess. And the ones I was looking at then, came bundled with a holster and other things, but the kicker is that it also came with a tactical light that clipped onto the rail. Now I can't find this package anywhere. Do they still offer it?

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I went into a local shop, and they had a brand new .45 Springfield XD Service model (13+1) with a 4" barrel. It comes with the speed loader, holster, and double mag holders

They are asking $555, what do you guys think?
    I was thinking of getting a used RIA 1911 for $460 with no accessories.
    edited November -1
    Anyone know where you can buy XD barrels? Specifically .357sig?

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
    edited November -1
    I just bought my first XD from Cabelas new store in WV. Paid $329.99 for it. It seems they were supposed to be $389.99 but there was a misprint in there ad. It was such a good deal my FFL dealer bought a couple of them. They still had some left when I got off the phone. If any one is intrested in one heck of a deal here is the number to the store 304-238-0120. just stay on the line and ask for the firearms dept. I'm in Washington state and they are shipping for $35 or $40. I just hope someone else is able to as good a deal as I did. I can hardly wait to get back from Japan and take it to the range.

Greg.

Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory.
    DC9L.jpgwings2.gif
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking about getting one in .40 or maybe .357 Sig. Anyone have one? What caliber? How do you like it? Appreciate any comments. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    Springfield has 3 inch and 4 inch 9mm. Besides concealed carry which I cannot do, which is a better gun for blinking at the range with my son? The 3 inch has a shorter grip than the 4 inch and that is all the difference is according to Springfield but I thought I'd let owners weigh in. Thanks!
    edited November -1
    40 v 45

I know a few of you have both but if you could only have one of them which would it be

Im planing on getting one and use it for carry
    edited November -1
    Hey guys & gals Dad was in the hospital in tyler last week for surgry
    so I took some time off and while i was up there in between visits My bro. and I check out a indoor range. We are going to take a course at frontsite so we were checking out a few pistols (good reason to buy a new one hehe)and we shot a xd9 I really like and so did he were are going to each get a 9mm and a 40. Doghouse her i come lol[:D][:D][:D][:D]

taz
    edited November -1
    Well my New springfield Arms XD came in today and I was able to go visit it, which I can continue to do until the ATF sees fit to give it to me. I want to thank Eric and Melinda for putting this together and keeping us informed while the deal was in progress.
    Now for a little Rant

How can the ATF keep a gun for a period of time while they research me or what ever it is that they do. which by the way is nothing except make you wait.what is it that they hope to learn about me that they don't already know from making me wait every other time I purchased a gun, 4 since dec. 1 2007 and 4 more since the begining of this year.
    And yes I am a CCW weapons permit holder.
  • SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Currently, Bar-Sto Precision Machine is the only company that is making aftermarket barrels for the XD (that I know of), but they are kind of pricey.

http://barsto.com/

You can get a replacement barrel direct from Springfield though.

To whom much is given, much is expected.