In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SIGNS OF SPRING!!!!

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Yesterday I saw a Robin in the yard! Today on the way to church we saw a GROUNDHOG out of his den and foraging(I'll check that den tomorrow!!!!) and this evening Van(best hunting buddy) called to tell me he saw two gobblers in full strut this evening!!! Got to go to the bench and do some testing and the 6mm will definitely be a player in the "killing fields" this year! Sarah's (Miss GHD) .260 is simply amazing to me,....light barrel, no real tricking out other than "Daddy's" trigger work and it's hard to find a load that shoots over an inch with this one! 100 grainNoslers@ 3204 into .352(5 shots) is pretty darn tough to beat!! Do you think the groundhog knows the difference in the 6mm at 3750 and 6.5 at 3200??? Give me accuracy and I'll forego a little velocity!! The 6mm seems to love 87 grain VMax's but the chrony quit working probably due to light conditions prior to testing that one! HOWEVER, if 39 grains of VARGET turns in 5 shot groups in the .3's I'll sacrifce a little velocity!!! SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!!!!! GHD

Comments