In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Outlook Express problems, need help

garydgaryd Member Posts: 410 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
I Opened my outlook express yesterday to check my email and I encountered a problem. I started deleting the junk mail as usual. Then it locked up on me. I finally exited and tried to restart my computer. That did not help. Today, I can not even open Outlook Express. Did a virus check and nothing showed up. My Internet Explorer is working fine, as you can tell. Any suggestions for some one not highly computer skilled.

Comments

• Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem with having problems with Outlook Express is that it's built into your browser, Internet Explorer. And, as usual, the best way to fix a lockup problem is to reinstall. Who knows why these things happen, even the best techs are at a loss for some software problems. My advice is to download the latest version of Internet Explorer and reinstall. In some cases it will first check to see if there are problems, and then fix any problems it finds. I am a computer guy, it's related to what I do for a living, and this is probably the eventual way I'd approach the problem. I have not done tech work in quite a while so I encourage other advice.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    Trying to remember. I had this trouble with an earlier computer running Windows 98. I had to uninstall Internet Explorer. This will not totally uninstall, so you can still get on the net. Then you go to Microsoft and download a new Internet Explorer. It has Outlook Express in it.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Don't use any Windoz programs.

Download the free Netscape 7.2 with email and be done with that crap.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your ISP offers you web mail use it! Thats how I got rid of my e-mail headaces.

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif