In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CB radio ?

ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I am putting a Cobra 25LTD CB radio in my ranger PU. I had the power kicked up on it so I want to get a good antenna.
Can't put a magnet on the roof- not enough clearance in the garage.
Hoping for some suggestions on make and model.

<P> To each his own
Craig Brosius

Comments

• Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen people use those antennas that you used to use for cell phones. The little short kind that mounted to the back window. I have also seen people just use the long whip antenna's and when they had to go under something they would stick the end of it in the hole on top of the bed rail. If you went with the whip i would get a spring to put on it or else your gonna break it. Some guys will also put a tennis ball over the whip, dont know what it does, but it must have a good effect on it.

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clair
    quote:I had the power kicked up on it so I want to get a good antenna.

What ever you get, make sure of the wattage rating. Don't know what kind of power your pushing, but the tiny antennas only handle 25-50 watts. The Wilson 5000 is a nice one.

Chevyman Tx
    quote:Some guys will also put a tennis ball over the whip, dont know what it does, but it must have a good effect on it.

I had one my 102" whip, keeps the antenna from smaking into the body and chipping the paint.

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clair
    quote:I had the power kicked up on it so I want to get a good antenna.

What ever you get, make sure of the wattage rating. Don't know what kind of power your pushing, but the tiny antennas only handle 25-50 watts. The Wilson 5000 is a nice one.

Chevyman Tx
    quote:Some guys will also put a tennis ball over the whip, dont know what it does, but it must have a good effect on it.

I had one my 102" whip, keeps the antenna from smaking into the body and chipping the paint.

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]