In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scored a brick of .22 today

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Ran through the Bass Pro in Columbia MO today. They had several 525 rd bulk boxes of Blazer .22 LR for $21.99. I only bought one as that will take care of me for a while.

Comments

• Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could have bought 2 and sold 1 for the cost of both and had nothing invested. :)
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figured with all the snow and stupidity around here I might be able to score some so I dropped by WallyWorld nice lady said I missed by about 30 minutes....
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Good for you.

...Was close by Gander Mountain today and stopped in.

Ive been there twice since they opened a couple of months ago and their ammo prices are creeping down SLOWLY...and their floor stock is REALLY growing, dont need to be a rocket surgeon with their prices the way they are to see why.

Ammo of every kind, brand, grain, stacked everywhere...and they had two teenager customers too young to buy guns/ammo at the gun counter "ooohing & ahhing", and one young couple that looked as if they were lost & out of place just walking around...probably 8-10 people in the entire store, more employees than customers...you could hear a conversation clear across the store it was so quite, as always the 3 times Ive been in.

Its been empty of customers the 3 times Ive been in, and LOOKED that way by the half a dozen cars at most in their parking lot when Ive driven by.

All FMJ:

American Eagle 5.56 M193 55gr 120 rnds (prefer it over the 55gr M855) in the tiny plastic ammo can for $12 bucks more than I can get the same over the net delivered....30 MORE rnds AND $12 bucks cheaper off the net.

IMI, Israeli Defense Industries 5.56 55gr Nato was $2.50 more per box of 20 than what I can get the same delivered off the net.

Bricks of 550 (I think) Rem 22lr, copper coated for $32.95.

ALL these ammo prices were at least 30-40% higher 2 months ago when they opened...and they had a good selection then, but nothing compared to now...you name the cal, they have it, STACKED high.

I can see why they are building up such a huge inventory, no telling how much they have in the back they dont have room for on the floor...and until they get "right" with their pricing they'll continue to have it pile up.

This last go round where so many people caught the "stupid" desease and sold some of their kids to buy ammo, and those that wouldnt pay the "stupid" prices, learned the net and patence is a virtue and money saver.

I like to buy American at every chance, and I like to buy local at every opportunity, but I refuse to be taken.

I think with a brand new store that is kinda off the beaten track...I'd hace had a few loss leaders with ammo and gun related items and kept the prices cut almost to the bone for awhile to get the "word out" and get people in, but I dont guess they read "Salesmanship 101"...they might wish they had when they close the doors because of no business.

Ill check their prices in about 4-6 weeks to see if they have gotten any smarter.

Of course all it will take is one lunatic or the Chicago street punk and his liberal partners in crime pulling some Commie move to make those prices look good, overnight...then they'll jump the prices overnight and make a killing with all their stock.

I am SO glad I have a few 50cal surplus cans full of loose FMJ/HP 22lr, plus boxes & boxes of Mini-Mag/Stingers & all the so called "high velocity" stuff, all copper coated...and a large stock of 5.56/223/1mm/45acp/357mag/38spc/7.62x39, full mix of HP's, FMJ's, Soft Pts, etc etc...lots of every cal I have guns for...and it was just pure luck that I have an ammo buying obsession and it ended up this way...especially with the 22's, my grandkids havent missed a shooting outing thru all this...they shoot each time until their tired for the day, makes me feel GOOD for them!!!!

Im still confused at WHERE all the 22lr's are going!! I heard there is somewhere around a million rnds a day being produced, just in the US...WTH is it going that they can keep the prices jacked up, and apparantly not a lot out there depending on your local...crazy!...[;)]
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good score. Should have bought 2 and hid one in the closet for later.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I went to the Gander Mountain store on Wednesday and bought 2 100 boxes of CCI Mini-Mag 40 gr for $7.99 a box. They have a 10 box limit. They had CCI Green tag as well. They get their ammo on Wednesdays mornings. I bought 10 boxes of CCI-SV a month ago.
  • Options
    blackpowder70blackpowder70 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice score.I think the supply is starting to change.Panic buyers either have enough or the supply and demand are starting to level out.There was 100 round boxes of stingers at Dicks a few days ago.I did not buy because my Marlin does not like em.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I get up in time tomorrow I am gonna hit Walmart....0710 seems to be about the time the Sporting Goods guy is stocking the ammo.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    I figured with all the snow and stupidity around here I might be able to score some so I dropped by WallyWorld nice lady said I missed by about 30 minutes....

<---You did not shop on your own web site?[:D][:o)]