In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

JustC GHD others-

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ok I am going blind with all the options of scope bases and rings for my new Rem. 40X. Price is not an issue, just wish to do it right! without having them custom billeted, or EDM'd

Can ya narrow it down to a few 4 or 5 mfg's? I am thinking about adjustable rings, weaver style mount.

ACK! my head hurts! [:D]

gun.gif
"Those who live by the sword get shot
by those who don't." [:D]
[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif

Comments

• groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Franc, I can only tell you what's on mine! And because mine is a 222MAG, generally used for 400 yards or less(have streched it a time or two)[:D], Leupold 1 peice base and Leupold rings have sufficed. Would it do better than in the .2's with something else? Probably not! So I have never wavered on the choice for that one. I really have never understood the need for a $200.00 set of bases and rings! About the same feeling as I have for $200.00 triggers on varmint rifles! GHD
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well that would depend on your EXPECTATIONS of your rifle. If I were to go with a NON-MOA mount,..then the choice would be Warn rings and bases or Talley. NOW,........ifin I were to build a rifle I wanted to be really proud of,..at long range,..then here goes.

IOR valdada tactical rings and bases. ( I can provide a great deal on these)

Badger ordinance rings and bases ( I can't provide a great deal on these)

The best way to assure no ring marks and PERFECT aignment,..is the tactical company stuff. Since price is of no consequence (what I like to hear),..I say go with either the IOR or the Badger. You can go the cheaper way with a weaver base and a Burris signature ring with the inserts,..but they have no visual appeal and nowhere near the strength of the IOR or the Badger stuff. I put my IOR tactical scope in a IOR tacical 20moa base and tactical rings and didn't touch the windage adjustment on the scope to zero it.

For a lesser cost,..I have gone to Ken farrel 20moa bases and a set of leupold PRW rings (made by Warne) and it works great. the only thing I can say is that the Ken Farrel base and the PRW rings leave me 12" high at 100yds with my 6.5-06AI. That may be totaly an anomoly to my sako action,..but if your scope has less than 80MOA internal adjustment,..and you truly wish to get max performance and a super sturdy platform for forever and ever,..go with the IOR or Badger tactical mounts!!!! The best part is that they will sell for almost what you apy for them,,any time anywhere. Hell,..I'll buy them from you if you are not 100% impressed.

BUY the 1 peice bases,.....not the 2 peice!!!!!!!![8]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Guys, for keeping me on a strait path [:D] every .01 counts!
    some day I will shoot a screamer group![:D]

gun.gif
    "Those who live by the sword get shot
    by those who don't." [:D]
    [img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif