In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Blackhawk pistol holsters

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I was given a Blackhawk Serpa holster for my Sig Sauer P-229 .357sig for my birthday a few months back. At first I didnt think I would like it, but was I wrong. I love it the paddleback is actually very comfortable almost unnoticable, or you can take it off and use your belt only to wear the holster. When used with the paddleback and a belt it has two hooks that grab your belt to basically make it impossible to be grabbed and * off. Its a Level II Security rig and works excellant, I have Bianchi Model 7 leather holsters for most of my handguns but this holster is much better IMHO. For off Duty carry their about the best Ive used. Anyone else use these holsters? What do you think of them?

Comments

• Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Yep, I have one for my Glock 23. I can't wear it in the summer, but under a winter jacket it's nice. I have the CQC matte finish model.

I can't find one negative thing to say about it. Pressing the release and drawing you are automatically indexing, which is nice. I think it is the best holster I have for weapon presentation time.
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry one most every day, I like them and have several of them.

I have heard one bad thing about them. I have never experienced this or heard anyone confirm this, but I heard that the military have had some problems with sand and debris in the serpa mechanism of the holster which locks it up.

Again, I have no personal knowledge of this and I cannot find any malfunction reports.

I also think that even the sportster series of the serpa holster is a good holster and less expensive.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one for my Sig. I really like this holster. I was actaully able to find a left hand one.
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked mine pretty good. No problems in a year with tough use. I got one for my Judge too.

IMG_0347.jpg

The kids liked it too. See how they smile? [8D]

PICT0125.jpg
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    I do not care for the break on the serpas, I have a standard with the passive lock. Only way to get it out is to draw straight up. It's a quick holster rig. I like it.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a blackhawk with the little release lever, trying to draw from it with a timer really slows things down, so i took a soldering iron and stippled the part you push on to release it for quick indexing, works really well
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the leg mount for my 1911 and love it. It sits at a good draw height for me.
    DSC_0630.jpg