In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Calif Trying to Break Away

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
[:D]

PRELIM: M4.7 22:58 5/23 36.4N 117.8W 11 km SSE of Keeler, CA CENTRAL CALIFORNIA Z=0km CI 14462064 2523a

[:D]

Comments

• redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to be careful with what I say since our daughter lives in San Diego; but for the rest of CA; buh-bye!! [:0]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    4.7 earthquake, 10:58 PM, today's date, coordinants near Keeler, CA and the rest I don't get.

A prediction?
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We were an independent country (much like the Lone Star State of Texas) for about five weeks back in 1846 but were annexed by the United States. This state has been headed down hill ever since [V].
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Saxon Pig
    4.7 earthquake, 10:58 PM, today's date, coordinants near Keeler, CA and the rest I don't get.

A prediction?

Nope just got the notice it happened. Not sure about what time it was cause that 10:58 pm has a ways to go before we get there. Think they have the time set for Europe.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Maybe time is wrong?

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

One was over 4 in the last hour.
    edited November -1
    22:58:32 UTC is their time. Which is for the European Union. Had to look the time up it kind of strange. UTC is the start point then they add like+1 and on up till they get to Pacific time.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Out in the Owens Valley, Jack rabbits scrub bush and tumble weeds.
    Happend .06 miles deep, Its just the sierra foot hills dancing around as they have done for a million years.
    edited November -1
    Soon as I just checked the depth, knew nothing big was happening. But whats going on around San Juan.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    Soon as I just checked the depth, knew nothing big was happening. But whats going on around San Juan.

If your talking about San Juan Batista, That one's on the San Andreas fault line, Its been pretty quiet for the most part.

Little ones are a good thing. It' when you start seeing a cluster of 4 and 5's that could be a precursor to something larger. Or so they say.