In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

28% Know what Memorial Day Represents

Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
While preparing food for the dogs with Fox News on the TV at approximately 510PM EST the talking head made a statement only 28 per cent of the population knows what Memorial Day represents

If this statement is true, it leaves me speechless don't even know what to say or think, have we sunk this low. If this is true we are in deep trouble. I hope I heard a much higher per centage and blame it on my tinnitus and bad hearing, and it sounded like 28 percent and it really is a much higher number

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most don't know the difference between Veteran's Day, and Memorial Day.

You would THINK it was self explanatory.
    Guess it isn't anymore.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It doesn't suprise me
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's about 25% more than I would have thought.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    28% seems rather high to me .
    I would be willing to bet that a higher percentage knows who won American Idol .
    That would also explain how we got the * for President,that we are now stuck with .[xx(]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    +1 [:(][:(!][:(][:(!][:(][:(!][:(]
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our young folks are just about "now". Most don't give a s*** about how or why they are even living here in th U.S.A.!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK

+1 [V]

We get what we deserve.
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    [V] so much for "lest we forget"[V]

we have rememberance day here on 11th-11th- every year, and on 25th april every year we remember on anzac day...both evernts are getting to be more and more respected and "celebrated" as the years go by...we don`t "forget"...i`m stunned that americans do..and dissapointed as well[V]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This helps explain why BO got elected. [xx(]
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a brave new world ...

[V]
  • stetsonstetson Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This shows how little regard our young people hold our history and it's armed forces who sacrificed so much so we can enjoy this discussion right now.28%only knows what Memorial Day is for is terrible as I remember as a kid trying to get the expended shells
    from the honor guards after they fired their volleys.It was a BIG DEAL!At 5 years old we knew why we put our hands over our hearts when the flag went by and twe'd take our hat off when the saluting flag.So much of this has been lost due to the family unit demise over the last 30 years.It's just sad to bad that our kids don't know what they've missed from ther shattered family unit.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1