In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Microsoft Antitrust lawsuit

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited September 2003 in General Discussion
Well now, I just might get some money back for the 1.1 billion $ Microsoft antitrust lawsuit here in Calif.

It states- "The settlement will provide up to 1.1 billion of vouchers that people and business can use toward the purchase of desktop, laptop or tablet computers, printers scanners, Monitors keyboards, pointing devices and generally available software made by any manufacturer. The settlement applies to consumers and businesses that acquired (listed below) between Feb18 1995 and Dec.15 2001 for use in calif."

They are paying out for each copy I have had to buy (if found guilty)
$16 for windows-MS-Dos
$29 for office
$26 for excel
$5 for word,works,Home essentials 97-98

Ok Now the sticky part that I will have to ask my accoutant-
I have written off the cost of the sofware my Taxes as a businesses expence. So now if I get some money back for the settlement, do I have to claim it as income?

hsas157x100.gif
gun1.gif

"If I can't keep an open mind, learn to think out of the box, What good is it being here?"

California state Motto: By 30, Our Women Have More Plastic Than Your Honda

Comments

• Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Might better take a leak on a flat rock while facing into the wind. Much more pleasure, lot's less work, greater reward.

Nord
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nord seems all I need to do is fill out the claim form they sent me write down the software key codes slap a stamp on that baby,send it off and wait to see what happens.

But I hear ya [;)]

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"If I can't keep an open mind, learn to think out of the box, What good is it being here?"

California state Motto: By 30, Our Women Have More Plastic Than Your Honda