In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fires

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
My Dad was a fireman for 19 years as a voluntary fireman. I have been to many fires where my Mom was gone and Dad let me go.

To me there is nothing worse than a fire. I have seen some things that i wish i have never seen. I will not go to sleep with the dryer on because of this.

I have seen my Dad run into a building and stay for a few minuets then come out throw up some and go right back in.

Prayers asked for everyone that is close to the fire. I have seen fires take everything from familys and it will tear you up.

God Bless

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Now are being set by Homeless camps.

We have had several in the last few days that start at a Homeless area. This is an illegal area for them, but an easy place to set up. Right in a wetlands protected area. And in a drought time these places are a tinder box.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ive been lucky. Just passed through Minn. S. Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon and parts of Washington and never even saw a plume of smoke!
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 As an X Calfire guy, I can relate.[^]