In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Idea for a GB shootoff this spring.

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Been thinking about another shoot off and I was wondering what everyone else thinks about it. Since there seems to be a few groups of us from the north east, south east, midwest and the west coast that are able to have meetings and access to shooting ranges maybe we could have regional matches and then have the winners from the regionals targets judged against the other areas by an elected judge.

I think it would be nice to have some springtime get togethers involving some harmless compitition and see who wins, north, south, east or west.

Whatayall think?[:D]

And yes we can work something out with prizes, don't want good shooting to go unrewarded

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If we got enough people together for each "regional" we could roast a pig and have a big party afterwards. Sounds like fun to me. A friend of mine belongs to a club with full facilities including a campground. Unfortunately it's in NY so it wouldn't be legally friendly to non residents. I'd be interested.

Lonny; did you see my truckin bozo post?

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was thinking the same thing about the pig roast[:D] I had mentioned to Pabooger before about having a get together here at Raystown lake, they have all kinds of camping, picnic/bbq areas, house boat rentals and such and a real nice shooting range close by but that may be too far for some members to travel. It's something I would like to do, really like to do some shooting against a few of the members here. Really want to sit down and compare targets against GHD[:D][:D]

Didn't see the post about Bozo, is he in the hospital again?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was just checkin out his website last night and discovered he had a discussion forum. I listen most weeknights driving home from work. Steve was talking about addisons disease thursday night and mentioned there was info on the website, so I was checking it out. I knew you were on OOIDA's forum, didn't know if you'de ever seen bozo's.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah I've been to the board a few times but I work with truck drivers and I don't really like to hang out with them[:D] As far as OOIDA since I'm a paying member there so I have to get my moneys worth[;)][}:)][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good idea to me Lonnie! Id love to come down and show that ole Ghd just what some of those lever guns I have will do!!![:p][:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    sounds like a good idea.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    "Idea for a GB shootoff this spring"

Sounds a little crazy to me!! [}:)]

Why would we wanna shoot other GB members? [xx(] Come to think of it, I guess there are a few who need getting gun shot......

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpg

Charlie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charlie ya better bring Guido and Vinnie with ya for bodyguards!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    Whyyyy Pa,

I'm flattered that ya think my body is pruddy enough to need guardin [:I][:I][:I]

Ya're kinda of big strong hunk yourself, wanna go to San Francisco? [:o)]

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpg

Charlie
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yankee hog roast?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charlie everyman has names for his wifes breasts! Your's wouldn't be Vinnie and Guido would it??? L.O.L.[:I][^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    Pa,

Better watch out!! Don't forget she's a member now, and like I told ya before, "that woman is [:(!] mean!"

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpg

Charlie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I was thinking seeing's how one is green and one is red, I think ya should call one Tonto and the other one O'Sullivan!!![:I][^]

What ya think about that!!! L.O.L.

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,870 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will shoot against anybody, anywhere for bragging rights. After I loose I mostly just like to clean my gun and enjoy the time spent shooting! So you could count me in I guess, but I'm in the middle of the east coast move, and yes we would have to throw in some shotgunning.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shotgunning? Who said we was inviting snobs[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] Just kidding!

Something like clays, bench rifle, offhand .22, handgun and of course to keep some happy a beer drink off[:D]

I think it would be fun 4 or 5 groups if not more all have a get together, shoot competitive against each other then have the top targets compared to the targets from the other groups. Doing it that way would keep us all honest[;)]

For those here around PA that would be interested there is a pig roast close to here each summer that has sporting clays, bench rifle, off hand running deer target, archery 3D, .22 silloete(SP?) and a few other activites that are quite fun and competitive. If any of you is interested let me know and I can let you all know the details as the time gets closer. Infact there are two of these big shoots around the same time but the pig roast is the big one.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    sounds good to me us nw members should get togther and do some shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just send the trophy out here to the west coast, It will just save a bunch of time. [}:)][:D][:D][:D][:D]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif