In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does any-one just trade anymore ?

Michael A. PiazzaMichael A. Piazza Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in General Discussion
I'm somewhat new to on-line gun buying and trading. I mostly purchase out-right from a dealer or buy at gun shows. I don't see any forum hear .......... or any other place for that matter, that handles trades or barter or some combo of sales and trades .
My goal is to find some one interested in a trade of my 1917 luger. I'm hoping to get a good quality large bore rifle (something like 338/458 win mag) and a quality 12ga. side by side any vintage and makes considered. I realize most sites have rules and such, and I don't have a problem with almost anyway things go for making the deal.
Ssooo Does any-one know of a site including this one (if I missed something) that I can trade ?
mangelopiazza@alltel.net

Comments

• Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I don't think you will find much in the way of online trading just due to the fact of gun laws, specifically dealing with the transfer of firearms across state lines having to go through an FFL unless you find somebody in your area that is willing to trade, plus you won't find many people online willing to do any trading without some type of collateral. I certainly wouldn't send anybody my firearm without something in my hands of equal value to hold as collateral, you just don't know who you are dealing with 90% of the time and they may just walk away with your gun and never hear from them again.

Annoy a liberal by working hard and being happy.

Your life is not my fault.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's against the rules here to swap or trade. Too many people thought they got the short end of the deal. The result was them complaining to administration. They are in the business of running an auction site and didn't want the hassles. You could list it for sale in the auctions and offer to take interesting trades, and describe what you want. Let the other person bid on your auction and give them $X.xx credit for whatever they offer. Just make sure GB gets it's commision and there should be no hassles.

http://www.gunbroker.com/

Or just sell it outright and use the proceeds to buy what you want.

Woods

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    you can also go over to w w w . t h e f i r e a r m s f o r u m . c o m they have a for sell or trade forum
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a couple forms that have trade sections (ak47.net is one) but my thinking is probably the same as most ... for trades I only deal in person ... its not just the FFL factor or trust factor, but if the item just isn't what you thought it was, then you have shipping of both items, both ways - even if each party pays for their own item it can be expensive ... and there is the risk of loss or damage in shipping then transfer fees on top of that ...

... Just too many things that can go wrong and other negitives.

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.a r 1 5 .com the equipment exchange has everything you need for sale, trade, want to buy.

mtcsig.gif
    SGT USMC
    SSGT USAF
    The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226