In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Email is making me crazy

wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
edited October 2002 in General Discussion
My email server won't let me get my mail it tells me my password is incorrect, despite the fact it is preset in my computer. I'm trying to check on some auctions that just ended and I can't get the information my buyers sent me

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one

Comments

• Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    It is the nature of e-mail servers to upset you-it is their reason for being. My thoughts.

If it ain't broke-it ain't ours!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Something strange is going on My email started working and when I was getting my mail the first message loaded fine but the seventh message was really taking a long time to load so I clicked on my connection and something was pulling info out of my computer I mean the information was going out faster than it came in. I'm going to check my cookies and see what the deal is. Im afraid it might be a virus that is mailing itself out to my address book. But my Norton didn't catch anything

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • Options
    sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Password might have become corrupted -- typically more a server-side issue than a client-side issue (if you are using a POP3 mail program and not checking via the web). Try re-entering your password, see if this solves the problem. If not, call your ISP and ask them to reset your email password.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear ya. I've been trying out various email and ISP combinations since I bought my new computer a month ago. As much as I hated the three years I was on aol, I will give creedit for the reliability of thier email. It was there every time and both my inbox and outbox kept stuff until I deleted it. I may just keep paying them $3.95 a month and keep getting mail there.

Woods
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been with this outfit for 6 years and have never had a problem like this before

• Options
    sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the more reason to believe your password has become corrupted on the server-side. Call 'em up (after verifying it is right on your side).