In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Bill introduced to extend Ban

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
H.R.3831, just recently introduced in the House to extend the assault weapon ban 10 more years. Boy they are really pushing everything as they only have 197 days left.

kabalogoshadowed.gif

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    There is very little support in the house. That is why it wasn't introduced sooner, they have been trying to drum up support. Everybody has seen how alot of the people who voted for the first one are no longer around.
    However, if we do not resoundingly defeat the one that is coming in the senate on monday/tuesdeay, this will raise a few eyebrows in the house and more may end up supporting it there.
    CALL YOUR SENATORS REPEATEDLY AND POUND IT INTO THEIR HEADS. NO on s.1805! It already has 2 anti gun amendments attached, and will have more on monday. Why can't these low life's just do the right thing EVER? A good bill is a good bill, pass it clean! We need a constitutional amendment stating that these shmucks can not add amendments to bills. That is how they get all the crap to go through. If they want something, make another bill and that's it! NO AMENDMENTS!

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA site allows me to write all my reps in both houses at once, so my Rep. Souder has been getting copies of my notes to the Senators regarding the "poison pill" AWB renewal notion. I'll continue writing all of them.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • Options
    capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its not surprising - the anti-gun lobbies will try to continue to whittle away our gun rights for years to come. I wish that gunowners were more proactive in fighting their efforts rather than complaining after the fact and I wish that the NRA & GOA were more aggressive. Vote - vote - vote for only the politicians that will protect our 2nd Amendment Rights - don't sit at home in November or vote a party line - Vote based only on the issues! Vote to protect our rights.
    John

My Prayer: Dear Lord, Please let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.........
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    capecod Posted - 02/28/2004 : 1:29:19 PM
    quote:Vote - vote - vote for only the politicians that will protect our 2nd Amendment Rights - John

And which of them would these be...?????
  • Options
    capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do some research!
    John

My Prayer: Dear Lord, Please let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.........