In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cool Picture

4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
edited April 2003 in General Discussion
JenXXRc.jpg

26-inch thick armor from Japanese Yamato class battleship, pierced by a US Navy 16-inch gun firing a .50 caliber shell.

The largest battleship ever put to sea, the Japanese mega warships of the Yamato class, carried armor up to 26-inches thick. While no Iowa class battleship ever fought a Yamato, a section of 26-inch armor plate for these Japanese beasts was found at Kure Naval Base after World War 2. Settling a great historic `what if', the plate was shipped to the US Naval Proving Ground in Dahlgren, Virginia and in tests, was shot at by a 16-inch/50cal armor-piercing round. The results? Zipped right through it like butter. To ensure bragging rights, the armor is on display at the US Navy Museum just in case anyone asked to see the math.

Comments

• Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    This is an awsome pic, maybe someone can post the pic, all I have is the link. [url]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\stormbrewing.jpg[/url]
    [img]file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/stormbrewing.jpg[/img]

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    E-mail it to me, 4G&C. I'll post it for you.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    tesla85tesla85 Member Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like you have the right link, all you have to do is click on the insert image tab, which is the 11th button from the left next to format, and put the link in between this:[:D]linkshouldgohere Easy as that!

When they come to get your GUNS, make sure to give them the AMMO first!!!