In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey

tin22tin22 Member Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
Hey guys and gals. How is everybody doing? Any good stories....new guns.....range reports, etc.? I haven't been on as much lately.

I finally got that Mossberg MVP .223, that I was talking about getting in a swap a few weeks ago. It seems to be a nice little rifle. I will give a full range report and picture when I get it out. I have also been researching a new muffler and exhaust for my Suburban. I hopefully will get that on by the end of this next week. It is way overdue! [:D]

Jon

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just checkin in...

Been a while...

How you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How about a one shot reply to a few of ya!

Robsguns, sorry about the missed date, my travel agent felt I needed to go to Amarillo and drop of an alternator for another driver who was broke down, he said it would save money doin it that way, and that would not have been to far out of the way, I was planning on cutting across the back roads and gettin in the right area. After I was done in Denver I had to go to Salt Lake City, green River Wyoming and then down (way down) in the the bayou to some Salt Mine in some awfull place called Weeks Island LA. Man they think the Yankees talk funny!! But sooner or later I will get out that way, you are on the top of my list of people to meet, we are both bullheaded and stick to the guns, I think the two of us would be a riot!

Idsman, I see you are there, I would love to bump into you also, maybe the two of you could knock some manners into me!

Simonbs, glad to hear that things are looking good at Schnieder and I hope it turns out good for you. Just remember this, there are good times and bad times on the road, there will be days when you feel like the whole world is out to get you and then there will be days that you will need a surgeon to get the smile off your face. Don't give it up out of anger. Truckdriving OTR will drain you but it is like a drug, once you start it is hard to get away. Have fun and watch out for the kamikaze pilots in those 4 weasles, you aint seen nothin till you seen how they act around trucks.

Lazywalrus, the womanchasin(thanks nunn) and the other comments I made was sarcasm, that is how the public looks at truckers. They look at us like we are a disease that needs to be away from them and avoided like the clap, they drive around us like we are an obstacle that needs to be overcome, the dock workers(mainly unions) treat truckers like dirt as do the politicians. Is it as bad as I made it out to be? Sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes worse. It all depends where you are and who you work for, it depends also on the kind of frieght you pull. It depends on the truck you drive and whether or not you can get away from the impatient 4 wheelers fast enough. I can go on and on and on about it but I will ask you this, how many rookies make it past the first year? How many go back to the "regular" job and say the hell with that crap? 1 out of 20 new drivers last out there past a year and 1 out of 50 last 5 years. Its not hard work, but mentally it will kill you.

Iconoclast, I got the pic of your daughter and I was wondering if that big fella was you? Now that she graduated are you booting her out of the house and into college? Mine starts highschool this year and hopefully I get to see her graduate, if she don't she won't like me anymore !

GHD, yes I missed your post about you coming up here, sorry I missed you and if I had seen it I would have gotten back with you. I have been thru your way a couple times but have not had the time to stop. I need to get a laptop so I can stay in touch easier, those internet terminals are expensive!

Offeror, got a question for ya. I see you do video work, what do you use to compress the files? I have several big programs I use, premeir being the most used and I cannot for the life of me get the file sizes down. I have some of my videos that are 2-3 minutes long and average 130,000 to 140,000 kbs and I have some downloaded music videos of the same length that are 30,000 to 50,000. All are .mpg, what am I doing wrong??

Anyhow I see some good threads that I need to run thru the blender, time to go think up some good replies and do some good ol fashioned pot stirrin!

Later folks.

Edited by - 7mm nut on 07/23/2002 16:59:47
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if he is alive and in custody? Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    VIVA ALITO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought I would say hello!

Tin22
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone in here. Sorry, I have not been in here awhile. I at times come in and read the post of course. Hope everyone is doing okay.

Tin22
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jus' thought I would Stop in and Say Hi[:D][:D]
    GoofyHello_zps9da76d5f.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What happened to the really big earthquake that was predicted, because of the moon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm on duty tonight. Who's here to keep me awake? It's slowing down and I have been updating my itunes on my laptop so that I will be able to deploy with some good music[8D]

what's everyone else up to this fine (hot) night?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's some eggs to go with all that spam.

560944ed.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry i've been gone so long... been really busy getting my jewelry site up and my new radio program running

how's trix ya'll????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where did MMOMEQ's gangsta topic go?
  • Options
    charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well howdeeeeeeeeee, Whazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz up?

IF A GOVERMENT'S OPPRESSIVE, THEN REPRESS IT!!
  • Options
    dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greetings, que pasa? respt submitted dads-freehold

if your going to be a savage, be a headhunter
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Tin, how have you been doing? GB is just one great big family, so keep us posted as to how it's going with you.

***There's a difference between living and living well!***
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Havn't we met on say ,.......HCT? Anyway, if not, welcome to GB. The level of conversation is much higher than the others I have been on. Lot's of knowledge and experience here.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was wondering what happened to you after you posted a pic. Glad to see your still here.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy, pull up a chair.

Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now, I can buy more ammo.
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Tin where ya bin? Yuck, Yuck, Yuck huh huh huh! What pic?
  • Options
    thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
    edited November -1
    How YOU doin'

www.waveformwear.com
    The new wave in free expression.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I think I`ll say hey,
    right back at ya!

I think several of the guys
    have a crush on ya,
    and were missin` ya.

Especially after learning
    how sweet,and sensetive you are,
    and seeing how cute you are in
    the pictures you posted.

• Options
    edited November -1
    What can I say....Thanks

I am glad to be back!! [:|]

To be honest I been away from the computer for awhile, since I had to work. So did you hear about the new movie "Charlie"? It comes out on October 25, 2002. It's the old Audrey H. movie; where she comes home and her husbands been killed.All these people are after her, because they think she knows where the money is hidden, that her husband stole from them. It's a good movie. I think the older version is better. I can not really knock the money until I seen it. Usually nothing is better then the first ones. Have anyone seen the movie that I am talking about? The older version I mean.

I think you can check out the new version of the movie on www.movies.com
    The title is "Charlie"

tin22 signing off for the night..
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Wait until Dark". Three thumbs up.

Often the mind believes it is thinking, when it is only passing from one metaphor to the next.