In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking to buy a New Truck???

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
capt.dn10209162157.big_truck_dn102.jpg

International Truck and Engine Corp. is producing what it calls the world's biggest production pickup, a 14,500-pound monster capable of towing 20 tons. The 5- passenger 5-passenger CXT is nine feet tall, eight feet wide, 21 1/2 feet long and gets about seven miles on a gallon of diesel. The truck is manfactured in Garland, Texas.

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
[img][/img]vote_small.gif
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Dang and I was hoping they were bringing the Scout back.

Here's the interior:
    CXT-1-full.gif

Kerry003.jpg
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    can i get that in black?

if so, find me a saleman and tell him to lick his pencil. i'll take two!

--Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed--

--The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them--

--It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind--
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is what they are trying to sell the military:

CUV_lrg.gif

Kerry003.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's your black International:

STE_lrg_PHOTO.gif

The U.S. Army TARDEC's National Automotive Center (NAC), in concert with International Truck and Engine Corporation and Integrated Concepts & Research Corporation (ICRC), presents SmarTruck III. Its mission will include homeland security and military mission-critical tactical applications for the U.S. Army, Air Force and Navy. SmarTruck III will provide state-of-the-art communications and detection systems while offering uparmored protection to withstand terrorist and insurgent roadside attacks.

SmarTruck III is built on an International medium duty truck platform and features the most advanced communications, detection and deterrent systems to be deployed in a vehicle-based mobile unit. The next three commercial variants of SmarTruck III will be delivered to the Air Force; other potential end users are the Border Patrol and the U.S. Marshals Service.

SmarTruck III, like its two predecessors, is loaded with sophisticated technology including a weapons station module - featuring a remote controlled 50-calibre machine gun - a surveillance module with a 360-degree camera, a pan and tilt night vision camera with laser range finder, a hydraulic assist system to help the vehicle during acceleration, a regenerative braking system, which stores energy and makes the vehicle more fuel efficient and a terrain adjustable suspension and chassis system. The vehicle has sufficient gross vehicle weight (GVW) to accommodate armor and additional weapons or control modules while still providing excellent performance and fuel efficiency.

Kerry003.jpg
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whoa.. CDL needed

Get out of the left lane.. you're holding me up.
  • Options
    eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this is a really stupid question, but what's the price tag?

O Lord,
    grant me the Serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the supreme firepower to make the difference.
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    About $115K.

Crap, looks like I gotta stop buying guns. I'm not sure it's worth it[:(]

O Lord,
    grant me the Serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the supreme firepower to make the difference.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does that come in a 4x4?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it only comes in 4x4.