In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NEW HIP

robjacksrobjacks Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
My hubby went to the doctor yesterday and they informes him he is on borrowed time with his hip,they took xrays and it is already fractured,the hip replacement cant be put off any longer,jan 26 will be the big day,anf all hes worried about is being ready for spring turkey...men[:D]Anyone had this surgery,ive never heard anything good about it ....[:(] thats forsure.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This site might help....you can download the actual surgery to see whats going on....

Most just want to know if its painful and long recovery time...
    Yes to both..bout 6 weeks seems to be the norm...

Check out the site...tells the person all about it, and you can download the "surgery"...My aunt had it done to both in her 70's...as the saying goes she was like a spring chicken after the therapy...couldnt stop that woman for love nor money....

http://www.healthpages.org/AHP/LIBRARY/HLTHTOP/THR/INDEX.HTM

roses.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine at work is a hard core biker! He is a few years younger than me, but several bike accidents have taken there toll! The man was constantly in pain, and just plain miserable! He had the surgery last year, and is doing remarkably well! He stands and runs a CNC all day, he still is very active on his Motorcycle, and though occasionally he has some pain it is nothing like before! His mobility is much better and he isn't near as miserable! He's still a grumpy old fart though!!!

paboogerani3.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIRS - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father had it done when he was about 75. He came through it with flying colors. Doing all the exercises after is a must for a good recrovery.

<P> To each his own
  • Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An ex sister-in-law had both hips done several years ago and is still doing fine.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in need of a new Knee. Busted mine up in a bar-room brawl years ago. Seems to me that you were there ROBJACKS[;)]I keep putting it off and it keeps popping out. Last-time I was down for a week. I'm still limping. Maybe, if I would have listened to the doctor and stayed off of it and went for therapy when it happened, I would'nt be in the shape I'm in now. Well, tell your hubby Good-Luck with his surgery.

"I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY"
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had hip replacement surgery about a year ago. A Godsend; no pain or complications of any kind following.