In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What happened to the @#$%Dog Post?

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
Six Pages were posted before I posted and didn't get POOFED.

I have to assume that I was the cause of it getting poofed even though I did no name calling. Only Logical Reasoning.

Jacksonville.gif
sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
http://www.awbansunset.com/
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    paladin44paladin44 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took me a long time to read,and I only noticed one poster getting emotional. It wasn't you. Who would believe me though? I'm a newbie. [8D]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It lasted longer than I thought it would.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was going to be made a sticky.[}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    It wasn't me I didn't get involved!!![:D]

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    I made some posts and then just watched from the sidlines.

I wondered if it was going to be poofed.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gibbs, we were in the thick of it..A good time was had by all, unless someone got foul mouthed after I called it a night...Not that we needed any more, it WAS run into the ground, but wha' happened David????[?]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were a lot of post for the sake of trying to sway a few [;)]

psalms 16
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tap, there was another post involving a rifle purchased by DWS, that was also poofed though for the life of me, I cannot think why.

• Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What'd I Miss?[:(!] Leave for a few days and everything happens![}:)]

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    It went to the dogs [:D]
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,261 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was a great thread for the first 4 pages. On pages 5 and 6 it was running out of gas.
    It was a good subject for discussion and I enjoyed reading it. I made one minor post but mostly stayed in the foxhole. Lots of bullets whizzing overhead, though.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're taking our neighbor before the council Feb 25th for code enforcement on this same issue. In spite of a leash law, both he and his wife let their four dogs plus a Vietnamese pig run wild after dark to crap up the neighborhood and scare and intimidate pedestrians and golfers on the fairway during the day. They also run "pet" deer. In this gated semi autonomous community we're not permitted to put up fences to preserve the woodsy appearance. Each time they're caught its a $50 fine. The owners are real sneaks about how and when they release their excrement generators since they've received complaints before.
    This last snowfall demonstrated the extent of their activity. My lot looked like a barnyard 80% covered with pig and dog tracks plus a lot of leavings. Our police saw it and were convinced these hardnosed people are thumbing their noses at the neighborhood despite recent warnings.
    I thought some ExLax on our lot might be a good idea but I wouldnt want to punish the foxes and deer. Any constructive ideas would be welcome as I doubt these people will change their spots.
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    v35: Taking the negligent owners before the council might be okay for the WalMart set, but for real action I'd call Rafter-S.
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess the admin or David stepped in and saved us from ourselves...again. Personally, I'm glad it's gone.

There was some good stuff in that thread--lots of not so good also. Lots of character shown that apparently it took that emotional of a subject to bring forth. We all learned something we didn't know before about some folks.

Anyway, I will try to post less gut-wrenching topics...at least for a while.

Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)
  • Options
    old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep Rafter-s please do post less gut wrenching topics, you know there are some gut less people that will always try to get in the last sucker punch. [;)]

psalms 16
  • Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Yeah, thanks nunn for poofing a thread that didn't even need it. [:(!]

signew.JPG

"In a world of compromise, some don't."

anim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gif

Utica.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [}:)]I miss the dog.[}:)][}:)][}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rafter-S,
    I supported you all the way with Logical Reasoning.
    I think it got poofed because of very sensitive issue with one of the posters came to light. An issue that is apparently very emotional for that person. I also think his anger was misdirected towards you because of an issue of his that is unresolved.

Maybe a POOF was best, if not for all, at least for that one poster.
    If that is why it was Poofed, then I would have to agree.
    I think there was to much pain coming to the surface for that person.

Unless you got to read the last half-dozen posts or more then you really wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spent the day planting onions, 90 bundles of the things[xx(]. Didn't get to see all the posts. I don't regret missing them.

Thanks,
    Rafter-S
  • Options
    The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brought my dog...bulldog.gif

"Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    picture.JPG

Mine's just running loose, dang man killin beast, I'm gonna have to get a leash on him.[}:)]

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Scott

Why don't you cut some eye holes out for that little guy so's he can see where he's goin'?[:D]

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wundudnee;
    Are you sure that's a Dog?
    That looks more like one of them there Albino Guinea Pigs.
    And the Poor Thang taint got no Eyes! [:D] [:D] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
  • Options
    The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:cut some eye holes out for that little guy so's he can see where he's goin'...bean_laughing_md_wht.gif

"Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by greeker375
    Scott

Why don't you cut some eye holes out for that little guy so's he can see where he's goin'?[:D]

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.

I would have today, but I've been to busy cleaning my monitor screen all day. I just polished and shined it to a fare thee well.[;)]
    It feels looks a lot better now.

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Who's the emotional person in question? I think a poof wasn't necessary in the least.

signew.JPG

"In a world of compromise, some don't."

anim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gif

Utica.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    Rafter-S,
    I think it got poofed because of very sensitive issue with one of the posters came to light. An issue that is apparently very emotional for that person. I also think his anger was misdirected towards you because of an issue of his that is unresolved.

Maybe a POOF was best, if not for all, at least for that one poster.
    If that is why it was Poofed, then I would have to agree.
    I think there was to much pain coming to the surface for that person.

Unless you got to read the last half-dozen posts or more then you really wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Jacksonville.gif

Have to agree with you there.

• Options
    woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    New and revised most sensitive topics: 1.dogs 2. religion 3. politics 4. homosexuality 5. Jennings
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner

Rafter-S,

Regretfully, I missed your Logical Reasoning for this support. This is truly unfortunate, because for six pages of posts and despite numerous requests for same, no facts with which to formulate such reasoning were forthcoming (oddly, not even from the thread author). Certainly, there were numerous C&Ps and anecdotes about feral dogs and the damage they can do and the differences between CO-OP and WalMart shopper mentality, but no one was able to say just how they determined that the shooting of these particular dogs was justified. Of course, if the sum total of your Logical Reasoning is that any unknown and uninvited dog found on your rural property is by definition feral and therefore a menace to be eliminated, please say so, so that at least we can know that we disagree on principle rather than on the facts of the matter, in which case your claim to Logical Reasoning would be false.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:0]

• Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't miss this topic, but I did choose not to respond at the time. However, let it be known..My hunting woods were useless during 2001 and 2002 because of dogs..2003 has been a great year..I've been sucessful every trip. You decide why if you like, ignore it if you prefer..Maybe I just shoot better recently.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldgunner

...My hunting woods were useless during 2001 and 2002 because of dogs...

Unless the dogs Rafter-S dispatched were the same ones that had rendered your woods useless, I fail to see the connection here. You a CO-OP shopper, are ya?
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Lord. Isn't this horse dead enough that further beating on it is rather pointless?

(Just as an aside, why do the phrases - "gratuitous and snide" and "pot calling the kettle black" keep popping up in my mind? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?)
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:DancesWithSheep Posted - 02/01/2004 : 3:14:54 PM
    . You a CO-OP shopper, are ya?

Have read this a couple of times already now....Just too dang bad one who holds this opinion doesn't stay in San Fransisco where people of high intellectual abilities typically hang out..stead of polluting the countryside with their 'vision of the future'....
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is funny how some who oppose shooting a dog would advocate blowing away a human being for stealing the TV from their living room[V]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:DancesWithSheep Posted - 02/01/2004 : 3:14:54 PM
    . You a CO-OP shopper, are ya?

Have read this a couple of times already now....Just too dang bad one who holds this opinion doesn't stay in San Fransisco where people of high intellectual abilities typically hang out..stead of polluting the countryside with their 'vision of the future'....

Perhaps you should put this to the board resident sociologist who suggested it in the first place, old06. Personally, I think it is as ludicrous as you do. By the way, what does 'vision of the future' mean in this context? I don't get the relevance here.

7mm nut: In this case, you would have to advocate blowing away the mailman because two years ago someone stole the tv from your living room.
  • Options
    benzappedbenzapped Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This subject just will not die...oops, go away, dog gone it...uh, shux.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [}:)][}:)][}:)]Gonna * ya[}:)][}:)][}:)]

• Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, you know..you right guys..This is an emotional issue that has run its course and should be dropped..like..the second ammendment for instance..Gawd..all the same thing all over and over..And all the time, we know who is right, all dem libs who know we out killing the world. If anyone has a conflicting idea..who da he** he is?? We don't wanna bruise any feelings, we don't wanna make dem wet backs mad, don't wanna hurt any little owly birds..it not nice to disagree..this country made up of people who go along, not anyone who gots a mind..If a dog want to take over your livlihood, ruin your whole life and the way you live it..you leave that cute little puppy alone..This HIS world, not yours. Who da H*** you think you is anyway???? You secondary..To the owls, to the dogs, to the trees, to the Mexicans, the Canadians, the Mid easterners, to any damn thing that moves..You are worthless, you have no right to think, to have an opinion. Your purpose is to supply the money to take care of everything you are not.. I AM YOU..And I'm damn sick of it..You don't like it, put it where it do you some good. I'm going to go shoot a damn dog and cut down a tree.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • Options
    benzappedbenzapped Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Your purpose is to supply the money to take care of everything you are not.. I AM YOU..And I'm damn sick of it..You don't like it, put it where it do you some good. I'm going to go shoot a damn dog and cut down a tree.

Oh dear![:0]