In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Blue wonder

gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
just wanted to get input on Blue wonder products, are they as good as they claim?[?]

Comments

• gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Just got my order of Blue Wonder, Touched up my Colt Detective Special, and it does a bang up job.

Am going to do a complete shotgun from the ground up this weekend and will post the results.

LR

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    edited November -1
    Well I'm now an official Blue Wonder Gun Care Products dealer. My prices even beat the big on-line sellers like Midway and Brownell's.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
    edited November -1
    Just finished re-doing a 1903 Springfield, for a guy at the local VFW.

Let me tell ya, Blue Wonder, is a wonder, The gun looks as good as it did when it was made.

So for you guys that havent tried it, dont be afraid, it is darn near foolproof, No streaking of bare spots that you get with the other stuff on the market.

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    edited November -1
    was cleaning my 50 bp today first time with blue wonder I use brass cleaning rods and I noticed how the blue wonder cleaned the rods don't think any other gun cleaner I have used has ever done that. My cleaning rods look like new can't see all the way down my barrel but what I could see with a light really cleaned the barrel good
    edited November -1
    I recieved a sample of Blue Wonder Gun Cleaner today from Mr.Kenn Gibbs .THIS STUFF WORKS!Ive got an old 94 Winchester This gun had rust !rust ! and more RUST!Blue Wonder completely Removeds all!!!
    I will definitly keep this product on my bench! You must try this stuff. Its the Best ive ever tried!
    edited November -1
    yes no maybe? anybody used it before? Does it last as good as the original like they claim?

I have my Dads old Remington model 58 I'm going to restore to like new condition maybe even add a few things If I can figure out how.

Im debating a do it yourself Bluing or professional hot blue, the stock I can do myself.
    edited November -1
    Is this stuff really all its cracked up to be? How good and how fast will it clean the bore of a rifled slug barrel? For example Ive got a mossberg 835 barrel thats rifled and I havent been able to get it clean since I bought it new. I even attached my cleaning rod to my drill and went at it for an hour and I can still see stuff in the rifeling. It was packed in this grease stuff and its pretty tough. Ive had quicker results cleaning cosmo out of surplus rifles. Is blue wonder what I need?

Thanks

Larry
    edited November -1
    Just thought I'd start another blue wonder thread. I did a search and didn't think that 2 pages were enough for this product....[:D][:D]

any experiences out there you want to share?

jumpmaster.bmp
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    quote:Is blue wonder what I need?

Yes!

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty for hispanic votes!
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Yes it is as good as everyone says. A bit on the expensive side but d*** it works good. Another thing you might try is the old Lead-Away cloth from Kleenbore (I think) just remember to clean and lube after using the Lead-Away.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the imput.I will put it on my list.

Larry
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try some MPro7, spay it in there and let it sit for a few minutes then spray some more and brush. The only thing I've ever seen remove tatooing on the face of a revolver cylinder.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Larry, the manufacturer's claims are, if anything, understated. Super good stuff.

Lee, I just cleaned the face of a stainless steel revolver cylinder today with Blue Wonder, slicker 'n a trout.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the stuff is just plain good ...

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Gun_Runner;

You do not want to clean any Rifled Barrel with revolving brushes,or patch's.

You will soon round the sharp corners on the lands.

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Tryed it last week on a 1911 colt, I got used. When I got it home and took it down to clean, I used one of them Pot scrubbers to get the Lead out, theirs was none, run a dry patch it came out clean, looked down barrel, Looked clean, Run a patch of that blue wonder down it and let it sit fer about 5 min. The next 4 patches were UGLY. Have only used it one time so school is still out. But it sure did a GOOD Job.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,466 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is well worth the price of admission. Put on a good video and spend the afternoon cleaning guns. The ones you put away clean will show you what the Blue Wonder will do.

He Dog
  • mandersonmanderson Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now this is just my two cents and it is NOT from my own experience, but from an experienced dealer in my area. Any comments or rebuttals are welcome.

I was told that Blue Wonder is too good! If you have something that is really fouled then definitely use it, but it's not something that you want to use everyday. My dealer told me he uses it two or three times a year and he is a heavy shooter. Also, he said there is a point where the barrel can be too clean. When he uses Blue Wonder, he said he always fires about fifteen or twenty regular manufacture loads before using his own special loads.

Also, he said that since Blue Wonder is an ammonia based cleaner, you should always clean out the barrel again afterwards with another solvent, Shooter's Choice MC#7 recommended as a little better than Hoppes.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great stuff and aglore has the best prices.