In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Matt45 Update

DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Spoke with him this morning. He sounded good, with plenty of ooh-rah in the voice. He was on the tarmac, ready to board a plane for more training before heading out for 12-18 months in the big sandbox. He may be home in July for the birth of baby #2. I've met Matt several times. He's the best there is. He sends his regards.

Comments

• DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The following mailing address for Matt45 will be effective April 5th:

SPC Matthew O'Boyle
    C co, 1/161 INF, 3BCT, 1 CAV DIV
    APO AE 09348

Matt sends regards to all his GB pals and invites us to write and/or send contraband to him at the above address.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Thanks Robert. He's still on my prayer list.[;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope all goes well for him and his family,Im sure its got to be hard to go into a war zone.But with a little one and one on the way,well I guess thats about as hard as it gets.We will keep him and his family in our thoughts and Prayers.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the update. Best wishes go with him.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give him my best wishes,Rob. I second Saxons request!!

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
    edited November -1
    I'm sending a care package to the Mrs. from all of us. I'll post Matt's APO address when I get it.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    DWS,

Thanks for the update, does he know which AOR he will be going to within Iraq; Northern Ninewa Province, Central, Baghdad, or down into Southern Iraq? They all have their own unique set of nuances and peculiarities. If "Matt" needs anything I can help with, PLEASE do not hesitate to drop me a line. Thanks.

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."
    edited November -1
    NS,

If he knew, he didn't say. He did say they were told that they would have internet access over there. I'm sure he will post when he can.