In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Steven Segal movie on TBS

BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
There's a Segal movie on TBS right now that after 5 minutes of viewing, I'm ready to vomit.

This is the most ridiculous, revolting gun-grabbing ultra-Liberal fascist nonsense I've seen in years. They somehow managed to squeeze every stereotype about militia members and gun owners into one scene.
We're neo-Nazis. We're stupid, fat, lazy and dirty. We're drunks. We mangle the Constitution to serve our purposes. We abuse our children and beat our wives. We're insane monsters who need to be enlightened and protected from ourselves by the benevolent guiding hand of Big Brother in the form of armored black-beetle men, glaring through goggles with their laser aimed MP5s.

I'm so furious I can barely type straight.[:(!][:(!][:(!]

F**K Steven Segal!

"If they aren't able to destroy the desire for freedom, they won't break you. They won't break me because the desire for freedom, and the freedom of the Irish people, is in my heart. The day will dawn when all the people of Ireland will have the desire for freedom to show. It is then we'll see the rising of the moon."
-Bobby Sands

Comments

• HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey bullzeye what movie is it? I do not have cable near this computer and the other TV's are on "amercian idol"
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got it, it is called "the patriot"
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, Segal is QUITE pro-gun. He uses his own personal 1911 in many of his movies and rates pretty high as far as his abilities with that firearm are concerned. I believe he's qualified NRA Master Class with it before.
  • The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reckon I could be wrong...but with y'alls "Killer Training"...the feller could (with good luck o'course) whup your dumb ace!...Tree Killer!...:X]

"Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Segal is a funny guy. I can't figure out where he comes down on this stuff. He always plays the same role -- always a superficially pacifist "spiritual guy" who is "forced" to use his deadly skills to save the world -- the plot of every kung fu movie, and the Kung Fu TV series, and Billy Jack too. I sure hope he's pro-gun because if not he's one huge hypocrite.

I do like his style choices to some degree -- he racks his slide from the front as often as from the rear. I think he has also used a Browning Hi-Power in at least one film. And his stand-up-straight martial arts style is copied from an award-winning dude whose name I forget, but whose relaxed "minimalist" fighting form is very practical -- without all the pseudo-dance moves that quickly come apart in real life, for most Western fighters anyway. But mainly, Segal is only an actor. His actual skill level is, I read years ago, not very high.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    As I heard it from a girlfriend in Denmark... Seagal is a (imagine a beeeeeeeep-sound here).!

She's an Aikido instructor with 7th blackbelt in Aikido (or however they say it) as well as assistant instructor 3rd black in Taekwondo.
    About half of her class at Aikido doesn't like the way the martial art is performed or made to look.

Believe me, I'd bet she'd give him a whoopin' any day.

Some of his first movies were good - but now i feel, if you've seen one, you've seen them all.
    It's shoot first, shoot a lot - do some "amazing" moves and cash in on the movie. Not much acting involved.

Nah thanks - I'd rather watch Jackie Chan or Jet Li.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Well gawlee, Law! Issa prolly oughta be's figgrin sum sortsa ree-tort. Iffin I werent howlin' upa storm laffin atcher ignant *!

Reckon ya kin stickit where yer "sheet" comes from.

"If they aren't able to destroy the desire for freedom, they won't break you. They won't break me because the desire for freedom, and the freedom of the Irish people, is in my heart. The day will dawn when all the people of Ireland will have the desire for freedom to show. It is then we'll see the rising of the moon."
    -Bobby Sands
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HappyNanoq -- I agree with your Danish girlfriend... [:D]

Bullzeye -- I agree with your dialect... [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    So far, I have seen two movies that have Segal fighting against some of the most caricatured, insultingly ignorant bad guys I have ever seen.

One had him fighting an oil company in Alaska that was so outrageously overblown in it's transgressions and ruthlessness that you'd have thought he was fighting the Khmer Rouge. Man threatens to delay opening of new pump complex in Alaska, oil company sends battalion-sized force of airmobile paramilitaries to kill him and his family. Uh huh...

It ended with a huge monologue from Segal about how the oil-companies are pretty much all evil empires who are sitting on the patents for half a dozen cars that run on tap water and potato peels.

This latest one was grossly insulting when it was slandering gun-owners and militias, but it got even better. Apparently the ignorant neo-nazi hillbilly and his crew of pot-bellied yokels somehow mustered the knowledge to cook up a super-lethal Biohazard Level 5 virus in the basement and disseminate it to an entire town. Luckily, slick and cosmopolitan Steven Segal with his enlightened notions about the world shows up with the men in the black ninja outfits and saves the day.

With magic Indian flowers, no less...

-Bobby Sands
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Steven S is BORING. The AK fight the nasty oil company movie is bad. Just plain BAD. It is for the gaylit tree huggers who need batman to protect them from the evil empire -- capitalists and meat eaters.

The only movie he was ever in that I thought was decent was Under Siege.

I say he belongs on the Saturday morn cartoons right after rugrats. Maybe it is not him but the lame parts he gets to play.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • SCROANDOGSCROANDOG Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the sad thing about Segal is he is highly trained in Aikido, he trained in the far east and became a grand master rivaling the best of the best , he studied buddism for most of his life, he is very proficient with firearms and tactics he runs or ran his own high security service co. for the rich & famous, the man is no shlub he knows his stuff, did you ever notice in all his movies or at least the first 4 or 5 movies that he very seldom if ever throws any 1911 down or abuses them at all he always lays them down as if showing the weapon a certain level of respect, as i was saying the sad thing about him is as each movie came out he became more & more "Hollywood" and seemed to get a little more out of shape on each movie, he got wrapped up with the mob and the result was that his carreer took a nosedive and he became sort of a big dick, what a shame in his prime man could he kick *.

IF I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SHOT MY MULE I WOULDA WALKED!
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bullzeye
    There's a Segal movie on TBS right now that after 5 minutes of viewing, I'm ready to vomit.

This is the most ridiculous, revolting gun-grabbing ultra-Liberal fascist nonsense I've seen in years. They somehow managed to squeeze every stereotype about militia members and gun owners into one scene.
    We're neo-Nazis. We're stupid, fat, lazy and dirty. We're drunks. We mangle the Constitution to serve our purposes. We abuse our children and beat our wives. We're insane monsters who need to be enlightened and protected from ourselves by the benevolent guiding hand of Big Brother in the form of armored black-beetle men, glaring through goggles with their laser aimed MP5s.

I'm so furious I can barely type straight.

F**K Steven Segal!

No worries. Mel Gibson is remaking the movie. Calling it The Passion of the Constitution. This version will be a slice of history. Promise.