In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Smartest thing pet has done?

WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What thing has yur pet one that just amazed you?

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE

Comments

• ManofactionManofaction Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My childhood dog back home killed a baby deer. Probably about 50lbs or so; I was out of town with my mother and sisters; my dad was working crazy hours. He forgot to feed her so she killed a deer for food. Oh and when she had puppies she killed a ground hog every morning to feed to the puppies because she could not feed them all.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ran off! [:D]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had a Doxy-Beagle (half Dachsund half Beagle) that would catch mice!!! Quick little bugger.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    We had a pig on the farm that thought he was a dog.He used to help round up the cows and bring them to the barn.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a cat that would fetch. Got one now that does too,when she feels like it.The 1st one would obey and do any trick a dog could.Just couldn't get him to fetch birds!
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had my sister convinced my dog knew his left from right.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a cat that would fetch growin up. I been teachin my moms cat how to be a dog. So far he rolls over, fetches, comes when called, now if I could just teach him to bark.

powder_solvent.JPG

Oh Hoppe's No. 9 you are so fine.

I need to get me some more of those bullet propulsion devices.

One shot, one kill, 29 more for the thrill.
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    We have a small black cat we call joe-joe. He can stand on his hind legs,reach and turn door knobs.

The best thing he has learned to do is use the commode instead of his litter box.

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is an old pic of Abby teaching Katie to read:

standard.jpg

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a black lab that killed a rattlesnake when the kids rode by the snake on bikes. After killing it it placed a big rock on the snake. Same dog learned how to run through the spray of a skunk and started killing all the skunks in the area. GREAT DOG. Only thing it did not learn to do was duck when being kicked by a horse. The second time it was kicked in the head it died.

Mad Dog
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Our baby kills any bug that makes the mistake of coming into this house....
    Here in Florida, I dont know of any house that doesnt get at least one palmetto bug in it...she catches those things and eventually kills them, then leaves them under my comp desk for me to find...They stink when squashed, so they must taste as bad as they smell, yet she kills them....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Hudson.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Had a old beagle that used to run off sometimes while hunting. The next day the local bar always called and told us to come pick him up because he was eating steak bones next to their back door.

Also had a Walker dog that was the devil to ground hogs. That dog killed so many ground hogs it was almost unbelievable. Biggest problem was that I would have to drive miles away from home just to shoot groundhogs..

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I had a dog that could read. Took him up town and their was a sign on a bench that said " Wet Paint"

He did.

Sorry. I really stole that story from Grandpa Jones.

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein