In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Original "Monte Walsh"

searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Is on TCM tonight. Lee Marvin, Jack Palance,Jeanne Moreau. One of my favorite westerns, if not my favorite. Written by Jack Schaefer, who also wrote "Shane". A heart breaking movie, about the end of a lifestyle. Get a chance, watch it. You won't be sorry.

Comments

• Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    Already had it programmed. Great movie!
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Classic. I haven't seen it in years.
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cowboys don't get married, unless they stop being cowboys. ~ Monte Walsh

[^][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dan, how have you been buddy? I ain't seen you in a while.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Getting older, and slower. More work, less play. but that is about to change. I'm giving up a lot of my side jobs, for a while, and planning on concentrating on a few of the things I want to do, not things that I have to do all the time. Kids are all gone, got the big house all alone, just Rhonda and me. Everything else is pretty much thte same!

How about you? Still in OKC?
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Basically, we moved to a 10 acre spot in the country south of the city. It took me 15 years, but I finally got out of the city. I currently work midnights which really sucks, but I have been trying like crazy to find somewhere else.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent movie.
    What's next?
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Read the book years ago but have never seen the movie.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Read the book years ago but have never seen the movie.

The book is fantastic, better than the movie, as they usually are. The movie is pretty drastically different from the book, but still excellent, if taken by itself, and not compared with the book. There are two versions of this movie, the original with Lee Marvin, and Jack Palance, the other with Tom Selleck and Keith Carradine. Both are good, but the Lee Marvin version is far superior, especially in regard to the pathos of the ending of an era, and a lifestyle.

Dan