In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

triple 7

rcdisrcdis Member Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Has any one used Hodgdon Triple 7? Is it as good as advertized?

Also, I thought Cabala's sold the Blue (Whatever the proper name is)
gun cleaner. I could not find it on their web site. Where would one find it?

Thanks

rcdis

Comments

• cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I starting using it as soon as it became available, I can't imagine changing. It's not really a whole lot easier to clean, but no odor, so I can clean inside. It is somewhat easier to clean though, and really does only take water...in fact I was having more trouble cleaning with a solvent. For me the accuracy and power are the main points. I spent several days at the range last summer refining what I started the fall before, and I have shot my best groups with 777. I shot my best ever 1 1/4 inches at 100yds for 4 shots.
    I did a survey on another forum and the vast majority chose 777 as the powder they had used to shoot their best group ever. I have killed 3 deer using 777 FFg and saboted loads.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used black powder in my sidelock the whole time, and pyrodex in my inlines. However, next year I'm gonna use 777 exclusively I think. There's just enough good things and I'll be resighting my sidelock next season so that'd be the time to make the change.

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used the pellets this year to kill a nice fat doe. No problems with it. Like cletus said, NO SMELL! Wife doesn't get on my butt when I clean inside the house! Luckily, my smoke-pole likes 100-grains better than any other load I have tried, so the pellets are perfect for me.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    It's all I use. As mentioned before, easier to clean. I had to back the charge of a bit, from 100 grains t0 95, because it was cutting the patches in my .50 cal.

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein